Started looking at dining room furniture for a 10 year anniversary present completely by accident. We were looking for a mattress at Macy's, went out into the mall for the first time in forever and the St. James table caught our eye at Restoration Hardware. Wife really fell in love with the table, and so did I, but I have a really hard time paying that kind of money for something made in Vietnam (especially living in the Detroit metro area). The table is 72 inches and can accommodate two leaves, 6 chairs + 2 arm chairs (french fabric style), a 60 inch china cabinet (the wall space is 73.5 inches so we probably wouldn't want to go much bigger but could probably fit a 3 door (french door on other end)), a 49 inch buffet (perfect size for a 56 inch space). After leaving the mall we went to a major Detroit metro area furniture retailer who has a higher end store connected to it and were surprised to find the same exact stuff, albeit with a different less desirable finish. The person at the store said the company is Curations Furniture and that they are a vendor of Restoration. Surprisingly, the sale price at Restoration (Full set around $8,300 to our door) was cheaper than the local store and we liked the Restoration finish better.

Researching the collection lead me to this site where someone posted a quality a horror story on St James. Then we started looking at hooker, stickley, ethan allen, all the other majors one typically associates with quality but found a lot of their stuff is coming from overseas as well or being too "traditional" or being out of our price range. Then went onto a bunch of different Amish sites and while we found some things that might do, the amount of options got a bit overwhelming and we couldn't quite recreate the table. Seeking help finding a manufacturer or recommendations. Last part is, and I can't believe I'm actually saying this, the Restoration sale ends today..... Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hutch.jpeg 
Views:	250 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	7360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Set.jpeg 
Views:	253 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	7361Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sideboard.jpeg 
Views:	242 
Size:	58.0 KB