Hi Duane, Please be patient with me as this is the first forum I have ever joined. I am not sure I am even posting this in the right place. I've done random searches trying to find out which reclining sofas and loveseats are the best quality and will last for many years to come and I came across some posts/comments you made. You seem to be extremely knowledgeable and that's why I wanted to join and ask for your advice. I have only owned 1 set of furniture. We have a sofa and loveseat that both recline with the manual lever that you have to pull up. They are made by Lazyboy. We have had them for 15 years now and they still look and sit like brand new. Never had one ounce of a problem out of them even though we have two young children and my husband and I are on the heavier side and have never "taken it easy" on the couches. Recently though some stitching has started to come undone on the one we use all of the time down around the foot portion. 15 years...we feel like they've had a great run. We're interested in the same kind of mechanism - don't need the electric or power thing since I'm assuming there will probably be more problems with those. (please advise). We figured we would update and buy leather with our next set and purchase it again from Lazyboy because they have been fantastic couches for us. BUT....I have read NUMEROUS reviews of LazyBoy which makes me think that they're just not the same as they was when we purchased ours. Horrible reviews..... I am coming to you hat in hand asking for your best advice. What specific brand or brands of reclining sofas do you suggest we stick with to avoid the majority of nightmare stories out there. We'd like to keep the next set another 15 years or so. We need to be able to plop down and crank up our feet numerous times in the same day for many many years without fear of breakdown, mechanical failure or upholstery issues. I value your advice and thank you in advance for it.