Thread: Hancock & Moore # 4274 Restoration Chair and # 4275-S Restoration Swivel in Arizona

Default Hancock & Moore # 4274 Restoration Chair and # 4275-S Restoration Swivel in Arizona

This is what I'm talking about....as close to perfection in a chair build as you can get. Click on those photos to enlarge them and look at the quality of craftsmanship, how tight and taut the leathers are pulled (this is seriously hard to do and one of the most difficult jobs in the upholstery plant), the welt trim alignments and lack of joining seams. Hancock & Moore used some very large - very clean - hides in these builds. The leather series is called Arizona (colors Nutmeg and Carmel) and it is a GR 4 luxury hide leather from Sweden that is super-soft and just fantastic as a pure aniline. These are chairs I would own in my own home and they define the art of high-end upholstery. Unfortunately it was raining steadily when I unpacked these for delivery to my customer, so you are getting less-than-ideal shots in the back of the truck (I was unable to photo the matching sofa). I know the GR 4 leathers are costly - but they are so worth it for someone that appreciates 'real' leather.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	7377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C2.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	7378
    Last edited by drcollie; 07-08-2015 at 02:02 PM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Ci2Eye Guest

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 4274 Restoration Chair and # 4275-S Restoration Swivel in Arizo

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    This is what I'm talking about....as close to perfection in a chair build as you can get. Click on those photos to enlarge them and look at the quality of craftsmanship, how tight and taut the leathers are pulled (this is seriously hard to do and one of the most difficult jobs in the upholstery plant), the welt trim alignments and lack of joining seams. Hancock & Moore used some very large - very clean - hides in these builds. The leather series is called Arizona (colors Nutmeg and Carmel) and it is a GR 4 luxury hide leather from Sweden that is super-soft and just fantastic as a pure aniline. These are chairs I would own in my own home and they define the art of high-end upholstery. Unfortunately it was raining steadily when I unpacked these for delivery to my customer, so you are getting less-than-ideal shots in the back of the truck (I was unable to photo the matching sofa). I know the GR 4 leathers are costly - but they are so worth it for someone that appreciates 'real' leather.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C1.jpg 
Views:	573 
Size:	165.8 KB 
ID:	7377[ATTACH=CONFIGb]7378[/ATTACH]
    They are indeed beautifully done and even without seeing and feeling the leathers, the quality is apparent. One question though which is perhaps off topic and you may not know the answer to but how do the leathers get their names? Does H&M name them or are they named by the tannery? I think the answer is the former and if so, is there any rhyme or reason. A leather called "Arizona" conjures up an image of a rustic, rugged looking southwestern style hide that is actually quite opposite from the polished and luxurious reality for this leather and nothing about the word Arizonia implies Swedish-made. Likewise, the Capri that I have evokes Italy when it is actually German. I've noticed other similar contradictions.

Default Re: Hancock & Moore # 4274 Restoration Chair and # 4275-S Restoration Swivel in Arizo

I believe they just pick names out of a hat, no rhyme nor reason.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.