Thread: Councill Intellectual Property

hglaber Guest

Default Councill Intellectual Property

Wow - it's not often we see stories about furniture production moving into Grand Rapids. Usually it's the other way around.

puremichigan Guest

Default Re: Councill Intellectual Property

What great news for Grand Rapids! Councill furniture is beautiful--let's hope the quality and craftsmanship continues. It's a nice boost for Michigan! Thanks for getting the word out.

I still have several pieces of Councill on my showroom floor, all aggressively priced if anyone is interested.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I was excited to discover this news. Councill had a few pieces that I was really interested in -- just didn't have the money saved for them yet. Hopeful the quality remains excellent, though since they're associated with Kindel, I'm hopeful.

Councill has been acquired by Kindel, who also bought Karges. All three brands will be made at the same facility in Michigan, by the same craftsmen. I had the Rep for the company in here yesterday and we talked about it for 2 hours. There are many pieces I would like to buy in on the three brands, but quite honestly I think most my customers will be price-adverse to them. For example, this chest has an MSRP of just shy of $ 10K. Would folks be willing to pay a price of $ 4,700 or so in my store on it? I'm not sure I have that market? I think a lot of people that buy in these USA-made super premium brands are the 1 %'ers who hire decorators and have then do their home. My customer base is mostly folks that shop for themselves and have a budget in mind. I'm listening though...tell me what you think?

https://www.kindelfurniture.com/product.php?id=56

I already am a Councill dealer, and I can get Kindel and Karges at this time, though that window may close if another local Wash DC store picks them up. Like most small businesses, I cannot afford to carry expensive inventory that doesn't move, so I have to try to gauge what there is a market for.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

My two cents...

Personally, if I am going to spend that amount of money for a piece of furniture, I will commission a piece of furniture from one of the master craftsman in Duane's network of furniture builders. When I have a viable choice, I prefer to support individual craftsman and small businesses. Commissioning a piece of furniture through Duane accomplishes both.

djjm Guest

If Kindel is trying to sell high quality wood furniture with the finest detail, why are the pictures on their website such a low resolution? Those pictures look terrible. If I were buying, the website would only scare me away from their product. What are they thinking?