Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Squeaky Leather Sofa - Normal?

Default Re: Squeaky Leather Sofa - Normal?

Not familiar with horse saddles so a few more questions:

1) Is the squeak a soft rub that only you will hear? (Tolerable) or
    2) Is it like walking into a room with squeaky shoes that everyone can hear? (Possible dealbreaker)

3) Is Weston Cane more red than brown? Hard to tell in photos, but I want to stay with browns. I also like Hyde Park Earth.
    4) Any good suggestions to put on an Austin chair working with Viking Tobacco on Sofa/loveseat? (Burnished or other)
    5) Does the topcoat make the Burnished leathers function more like protected pieces?

6) I like the Campaign Ottoman for the Sofa/loveseat (shorter in height if possible). Any suggestions for a pull up?
    7) Would Tuscany Harness work with the Viking Tobacco? Would making it shorter take it out of the T&C ??

Thanks. Appreciate some good advice.

Also want to mention that my room is very dark.

1) Is the squeak a soft rub that only you will hear? or Is it like walking into a room with squeaky shoes that everyone can hear? Probably somewhere in the middle, it does vary from hide to hide.

3) Is Weston Cane more red than brown? Hard to tell in photos, but I want to stay with browns. I also like Hyde Park Earth. Weston Cane is brown and gold.

4) Any good suggestions to put on an Austin chair working with Viking Tobacco on Sofa/loveseat? (Burnished or other) Viking is very ordinary and plain, so any burnished leather or pull up is going to look high-style next to it. Like having a Chanel purse and Naturalizer shoes!

5) Does the topcoat make the Burnished leathers function more like protected pieces? Yes, to a degree it does. Watch the sun fade, however.

6) I like the Campaign Ottoman for the Sofa/loveseat (shorter in height if possible). Any suggestions for a pull up? Tiburon and Tuscany are excellent choices for a classic Italian Pull-up hide.

7) Would Tuscany Harness work with the Viking Tobacco? Would making it shorter take it out of the T&C ?? See # 4 above. Any frame mods take it out of the promo pricing on any item.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Regarding #4, for the Sofa loveseat, I need a protected leather on those. My husband sits there and has oily skin. I go through a lot of pillowcases in my household. I don’t think an unfinished leather would work there. Any suggestions for a finished leather that would work with the Weston Cane and a pull up.

Finished leathers that I prefer are the Angelo series and Aspen. Juno and Gunner are also nice.

Here's a tip for oily skin....consider changing bar soap for your husband. I think women buy most the soap for the house and they tend to buy gentle moisturizer soaps, I know my wife does! I buy soap made for men and its stronger and removes skin oils whereas those standard soaps do not. Makes a big difference!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

My extended family and friends sink into my new sofas (Hyde Park burnished) and say -- aahhhhhh, you got REAL leather.... not sure the creaks bothers anyone, certainly not us! :-)
    But they immediately recognized quality leather. I chose not to get into bull hides, analines, etc ;-)

Want to add, in my cheap LayzBoy reclining loveseat in the TV room, the primary sounds when I wiggle are quite loud creaking structural components. I love the functionlaity of this cheap sofa, but I know I'll replace it within 5 years for an H&M recliner.

It’s hard to make a purchase without trying it first. Thanks for your input. Appreciate others experience to help me make a decision.