I am closed on Sundays and Mondays as many of you know. However, what you don't know is that I usually work on Mondays, doing things that involve me being out of the store. Folks get upset with me if I have to close the store for a bit Tuesday through Saturday, so I try to save up certain chores for the Mondays. Today I started out at 7:30 a.m.by meeting the J.L. Treharn truck in Maryland to pickup furniture I had on order, and was back home by noon. Then I washed and waxed my delivery truck at my house which may not have been the smartest thing to do because it was REALLY HOT today in Virginia, but I do like to keep it looking good. Who wants to see a nasty and dirty truck pull up to their house?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	7408

After I cooled off, I drove back to the store and unloaded and placed all the new furniture back in the store and did that until 5 p.m. Came home and was pretty tired from being out in the heat most the day.

Oh, and if you DO get a local delivery from my store, you will see my guys are now sporting hi-viz t-shirts with The Keeping Room logo and will be in khaki shorts. A couple of days they were coming to work in tank tops and gym shorts, and that didn't look so good, so now we have an official delivery 'uniform' they will be wearing. BTW, they are the best delivery guys in the business. They do it right, and with great care. Tommy and Jim.