Thread: Duane I have an idea

winnipb Guest

Default Duane I have an idea

Bev here from California - First of all my husband promissed that he will go with me this weekend to see some BY and H&M in person then he will make up his mind if we should spend a little more for the H&M so I should know what I am doing by this weekend. ? How good are the Royal Pedic mattresses. My husband says I need to be thinking about getting a new mattress soon. We currently have a latex type mattress which was so comfortable for quite sometime but it is at least 15 yrs old now and has lost some of the comfy feeling.

Oh and the idea I have - You should open a store near me in California. If I could I would buy one of everything .

I really enjoy this forum you are quite helpful and very knowledgable. I really appreciate your help and honesty. I will be talking to you after this weekend. P.S. I would like your opinion on the mattress (is latex generally a better more comfy mattress?) Thanks Bev in CA

Hi Bev!

I'd love to move to California, find me a nice spot to open a shop up in South Lake Tahoe and I'll pack up and come on out <G>

Yes, at 15 years your bed is done, no matter who made it. That's really at the max life span for any bedding, and time to replace. Most bedding is all used up at the 7 to 8 year mark, but really good bedding can to 2x that.

I think Royal Pedic makes an excellent product, its the only bedding I carry, and everyone in my house sleeps on an R-P. I just replaced mine 18 months ago, and got 15 years from the prior set as well. R-P has a factory showroom in Beverly Hills - if you're not too far from there that would be the place to go check them out.

There are Latex buyer and then All Cotton buyers (firmer). I'm squarely in the all-cotton camp myself because I personally find the latex beds too plush for my taste (my wife does as well). I think I probably sell 10 All-Cotton beds to every Latex one.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

winnipb Guest

Well now is the time to buy here in California due to so many foreclosures you just might find a great deal in South Lake Tahoe. I am an Escrow Officer and I have seen some unbelievable deals. Thanks for the mattress info I am actually in Northern CA so Beverly Hills is to far at least 8 hours away. Well we will see what happens after this weekend.

What do you know about Motioncraft? Price/Quality Thanks Bev

I've looked at Motioncraft briefly, and its OK, but not on par with the better makers.

Have Tahoe prices really dropped that much? Went from $ 5 mil to $ 2 mil on the water o so? <grin> Even halfway up the mountain, they're probably out of my pay grade.
    Duane Collie

winnipb Guest

Well not sure if they dropped THAT much but I do know that the prices have definately dropped. Shoot some on the houses here that were selling just 3 yrs ago for almost a million are selling in the high $300,000's crazy!

So are you saying that BY is better than Motioncraft?

Sure would be a good time to buy a vacation house if it were affordable! I think Tahoe is my favorite place of everywhere I've ever been, winter and summer. I'm not alone in that thinking obviously (looking at the price of prime real estate vacation homes there).

I'm hesitant to say that BY is definitely better than Motioncraft or vice versa. I'd have to spend some more time with a piece and see how its made. I recall seeing some at a dealer about 20 miles down the road from me a few months back. That dealer carriers a lot of brands and I was not particularly impressed with the Motioncraft he had on the floor. It didn't seem bad - by any stretch, just appeared to be your basic recliner.
    Duane Collie