Thread: Restoration Hardware Cloud Sofa Alternative

5char Guest

Default Restoration Hardware Cloud Sofa Alternative

My wife and I fell in love with the cloud sofa at Restoration Hardware. I'm told the cushions are all down with no foam core. Its pillowy soft and low profile. Is there a similar couch made by Hancock and Moore? Or another top brand?

Default Re: Restoration Hardware Cloud Sofa Alternative

I hope not...

Those R.H. Sofas have terrible tailoring, I can't believe they used the photo models they did on their website. Those would not even begin to pass final inspection at a premium upholstery maker. That's a look I would not want, nor accept from any of my suppliers quite honestly. Crooked welts, flat-fall fronts, wrinkled material, loose tolerances in the build.....looks like a high school shop class put them together.

I seriously doubt the cushion cores are all down. They could be - but a 100 % down core will flatten out to about 1" high and shift to the ends. Looks pretty tough after some use and requires constant fluffing. Most makers will not use them now except on Period reproduction sofas - but stranger things have happened!

I am not too enamored with R.H. furniture. I realize its trendy, however I've never seen anything but poor execution in the build. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any makers that build like that Cloud series, because it would be a considered a poor design. Take a look through various maker's websites and see if you find a style you like is my best suggestion. Good luck!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Lorlin Guest

Default Re: Restoration Hardware Cloud Sofa Alternative

Quote Originally Posted by 5char View Post
    My wife and I fell in love with the cloud sofa at Restoration Hardware. I'm told the cushions are all down with no foam core. Its pillowy soft and low profile. Is there a similar couch made by Hancock and Moore? Or another top brand?
    Did you ever find a couch similar to the RH Cloud? If so, do you like?

Thank you!