I have browsed this forum before (and probably posted!) but I could not remember my old username, so I re-registered. It was a number of years ago now...

My wife and I are finishing some exhaustive home remodeling and will be expecting to move into our master bedroom at some point in the fall or early winter. We've been wanting a new bedroom set for awhile, but knew that it would be worthwhile to wait until we could fit a king set upstairs. Some details below:

Budget: Ideally $6,000-$8,000 but up to $10,000 for the right set, if needed.
King bed, low-profile sleigh or similar. Underbed storage/platform is a plus but realize we may need to separate the bed then. Wife currently hits the end of the bed at night when she gets up, so we are open to no footboard.
Pieces: 2 Nightstands, tall chest of drawers or combo with doors, and long/tall dresser with mirror. Assuming 5 total pieces for now, may add a 6th depending on price.
Style: We have really fallen in love with pieces that appear to be modeled after Louis Phillipe. The hidden drawers and thick molding grab us. Other styles similar to this are acceptable too (elegant but not overly detailed as my wife calls it). No mission/shaker styles and definitely nothing contemporary.
Wood: I like "character cherry", hickory and walnut (although I know this raises the price a bit...)
Color: We prefer a medium amber to light or medium brown. We have 2 huskies who love to shed, and the dark mahogany pieces we have downstairs show EVERYTHING. I do not want overly light either, as we have natural red oak floors throughout.
Other features: I prefer a full extension, soft close drawer. Must be ball bearing. I am not opposed to a center wood slide, but would need further education on why this would be superior. I would like mortise tenon construction and dovetailed drawers.

We have been to a few stores, and everyone seems to be pushing us to Amish made furniture. The problem is that these companies (although they claim are big) have little to no information out there. Some brands we looked at:

MillCraft (Amish)
J&M Furniture (Amish)
Simply Amish (...)
Stanley
Winners Only

I asked about Harden, but the sales rep showed me the MSRP for a 6 drawer only is $6,000 and is above our budget. I plan to view Kincaid later this week.

Is there anything I should be looking for particularly? Is my price range too low for good/excellent quality? Any suggestions on brand or retailers around here??

Thanks for the help!
John