Thread: Fabric Chairs to Match Leather Sofa(s)

dknoxking Guest

Default Fabric Chairs to Match Leather Sofa(s)

First Time Post!

For my medium sized family room (somewhat narrow in dimension), I am considering two smallish leather sofas facing each other (possibly B&Y's Yorba collection), and would like advice on matching two non-leather chairs as a compliment.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, David

Default Re: Fabric Chairs to Match Leather Sofa(s)

Sorry, not enough information to begin even making suggestions. You would need to post floor plan / photos and at least lock in one aspect (i.e., sofas) to begin.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

dknoxking Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Sorry, not enough information to begin even making suggestions. You would need to post floor plan / photos and at least lock in one aspect (i.e., sofas) to begin.
    Thanks for quick reply!

Here is a pic of the room (if I posted correctly). FYI - We have not closed on the house yet.

I will likely be purchasing the matching leather couches (if this is the route I end up going with) based on feedback from this forum. I am thinking about two mid-sized, grade 2 leather couches (color medium to dark brown), that are to be used in our main family/tv room by 5 kids (oldest is 10) and a dog! Heavy traffic expected!

I thought if the couches were both against the wall near the fireplace, this would not "cut-off" the room and leave space for two chairs that would face the fireplace (and possibly tv which may be mounted above the fireplace, and I do realize your thoughts on this!) I considered a sectional, but this might be too small of a room to work. The backs of the chairs/recliners cannot be too tall as this is the entrance to the room for the kitchen.

I am planning on buying the sofas and chairs together, so I was hoping for some ideas. As far as sofas, I tend to like the look of the tight back, or possible the semi attached back cushion variety.

Thanks Again - David
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Family Room Pic Furniture Forum.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	7499  

dknoxking Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dknoxking View Post
    Thanks for quick reply!

Here is a pic of the room (if I posted correctly). FYI - We have not closed on the house yet.

I will likely be purchasing the matching leather couches (if this is the route I end up going with) based on feedback from this forum. I am thinking about two mid-sized, grade 2 leather couches (color medium to dark brown), that are to be used in our main family/tv room by 5 kids (oldest is 10) and a dog! Heavy traffic expected!

I thought if the couches were both against the wall near the fireplace, this would not "cut-off" the room and leave space for two chairs that would face the fireplace (and possibly tv which may be mounted above the fireplace, and I do realize your thoughts on this!) I considered a sectional, but this might be too small of a room to work. The backs of the chairs/recliners cannot be too tall as this is the entrance to the room for the kitchen.

I am planning on buying the sofas and chairs together, so I was hoping for some ideas. As far as sofas, I tend to like the look of the tight back, or possible the semi attached back cushion variety.

Thanks Again - David
    Basically, I am considering keeping the furniture placement the way it currently is in pic, but would like to kick it up a notch with some real quality items!

dknoxking Guest

Hello!

We have bought the house! The room is a blank slate and we are having solid hardwood floors (Red Oak) installed. I am leaning towards a leather sectional (B&Y in a brown leather?) for this room, as the tv is mounted above the fireplace (I know, not ideal), and some matching fabric chairs. I will lighten up wall color as well.

Do you think this is a good path?

Regards, David

I'd not put a sectional in that room, it will visually cut it in half and create a walk barrier. I'd rather see a sofa on the wall, a loveseat across from it, then a single recliner OR tilt back chair with ottoman for TV watching. The way it is laid out now is not all that bad.
    Duane Collie

dknoxking Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I'd not put a sectional in that room, it will visually cut it in half and create a walk barrier. I'd rather see a sofa on the wall, a loveseat across from it, then a single recliner OR tilt back chair with ottoman for TV watching. The way it is laid out now is not all that bad.
    Thanks for the input. Great, and informative site!

dknoxking Guest

My wife wants a sectional! "Happy Wife, Happy Life"!

Similar to the other active post on leather sectionals (brown in color, with kids etc.), but instead of Hancock and Moore we would like a Bradington Young. Thinking the Daylen, Daire or Landry. Do you have any opinions on these sectionals (I am 5'10" and my wife is 5'4"). If we order from you, how long until delivery?

Also, we do not want to see the "seam" as you enter the room.. (LAF?)

Thanks, David

OK! I know that...lol

I'd grid out the sectional on the floor, use either newspapers or masking tape and lay it out first. Just to be sure.

Stay with the first two, the Daylen or Daire. She is going to feel lost in the Landry due to the seat depth and high seat height.

If you are going "L" shaped and want to avoid seeing the join line, then order a LAF Corner Return (171-93) and then a RAF Sofa (171-84). Your run lengths would be 93" on the segment that comes into the room and then 117" along the wall. I'd also recommend you get a cocktail ottoman such as # 396-OT or similar, the 36" square size. They are great for TV watching.

B-Y is shipping fast these days, usually out the door in 4 weeks. Then ship time to your location. Don't forget there is a 5% off sale on BY at my store through Oct 15th!
    Duane Collie

dknoxking Guest

Narrowed it down to the Daylen or possibly the Yorba.. Can you run the run lengths for the Yorba?

Now for the technicalities: How much is the Daylen and the Yorba. How much is the 36" ottoman? What do you require for a deposit?

Thinking Grade 2 leather in medium brown color. Will take your recommendation here!

I may be ready to order today!

Thanks, David