Thread: Upgrade Prices

Ci2Eye Guest

Default Upgrade Prices

I'm looking at the Hancock and Moore pricing guide and I understand that typically the actual selling price can be significantly less than the posted prices; maybe 40 percent less. If that's the case, would similar price discounts apply to the prices for upgrades like gimp, special stiching, or nailhead trim? Also, if a price is listed for adding something to a chair for instance, does it matter what size the chair is? Is the price always the same? I'm looking at executive chairs but the only prices I see are for chairs in general although most of the executive chairs are smaller than your typical Living Room-style chair.
    Last edited by Ci2Eye; 08-24-2015 at 09:07 PM.

Default Re: Upgrade Prices

The retail price list I have published here on the forum for Hancock and Moore? If that's a yes, then all the options and upgrades are the same markup as well. Correct, if for a chair, its all chairs in general. Sometimes we go off the price list on a custom, lets say its something small - I will call and argue that it should not be full price option as we are only doing a portion of the work. I usually get my way <g>

My store in more in the neighborhood of 50% off the MSRP ( I won't say the exact percentage off to keep things under the radar ) for long distance sales. That will get you close.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Ci2Eye Guest

Default Re: Upgrade Prices

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The retail price list I have published here on the forum for Hancock and Moore? If that's a yes, then all the options and upgrades are the same markup as well. Correct, if for a chair, its all chairs in general. Sometimes we go off the price list on a custom, lets say its something small - I will call and argue that it should not be full price option as we are only doing a portion of the work. I usually get my way <g>

My store in more in the neighborhood of 50% off the MSRP ( I won't say the exact percentage off to keep things under the radar ) for long distance sales. That will get you close.
    Thanks, Duane.

Yes, I was referencing the H&M price list you have here on your website.

I'll get in touch with you for a specific price quote but since I'm sure you get a lot of price requests, I was trying to do my own calculating to narrow things down and make a decision and then only have to ask you for the actual number once I've decided what I want.

The prices for upgrades were higher than I expected and then it occurred to me that those prices are likely subject to the same discounts.