Thread: Leathercraft chair/ottoman set on craigslist

stuffedtiger23 Guest

Default Leathercraft chair/ottoman set on craigslist

I realize, the photos are limited and probably will be woefully inadequate to give a full assessment but I was wondering whether this was a reasonable starting price for the type of chair. It's about five years old was more of a decorative piece used in an home office and rarely used. The owners don't which line of Leathercraft it is. I have not gone to see it yet but even if I did I'd figure I'd try to bargain it down further.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/fuo/5187438987.html

Thanks in advance

stuffedtiger23 Guest

Default Re: Leathercraft chair/ottoman set on craigslist

A couple more pics. Apparently it reclines too and the owners didn't realize it. They are firm on the price at least from the emails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	7557Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	7558

A comfortable chair is priceless. If it's truly comfortable, I think a chair and ottoman for that price is a good value.

stuffedtiger23 Guest

Thanks on the feedback thus far. Based on the specs they gave me and the photos, it seems like this piece is closest to the Robinson chair. I spoke with a rep at the store they purchased it and he told me new is typically 30% off the listed prices. I'm not sure if someone with more experience with higher end leather upholstery has any sense of the depreciation value of these types of things (Assuming they are well kept. Obviously, I plan to take a look at the chair in person

http://leathercraft-furniture.com/in...easeback_chair

stuffedtiger23 Guest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150907_134814.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	7588Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150907_135039 (1).jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	7589Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150907_135125.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	7590Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150907_135836.jpg 
Views:	476 
Size:	184.7 KB 
ID:	7591Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150907_140027.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	7592

Chair ended up being smaller than expected 33.5 height, 31 depth and 37 across the arms in the front and it was lighter than I expected. Quite comfy,, sturdy, tiltback works fine. Some depigmented areas on the back where the frame presumably was against the wall. A couple quite small water stains and a small scratch on the outside or two. I get the sense the original owners could have done a better job taking care of it since most of the cosmetic defects I found were on the outside parts where you wouldn't expect human contact.

Ended up paying 425 which in retrospect I could have been more aggressive with the bargaining given the cosmetic issues but the chair was comfy so I intend to get some good use out of it.

The chair was purchased by the owner's interior designer through a local dealer. The owners couldn't give me a whole lot of information and unless they were playing the part, couldn't give me a whole lot of details about the line, model, etc. I was hoping someone could tell me what type of leather I was working with for cleaning/conditioning purposes. The tags inside says Sarano Ember which doesn't show up in any of the leathercraft listings. It is 5 years old so maybe it got phased out. Otherwise, I thought I could just use the Leather Master Kit I've seen mentioned on this forum.