I am having a problem regarding a Palettes by Winesburg dining table set ordered from Burke Furniture on July 12, 2015. The salesman told me that the set would be delivered in 6-8 weeks as it was made to order by the Amish. On August 10 I asked the salesman if it was too late for me to change my stain color choice. He told me he would call the Palettes rep who told him the furniture was "almost complete" but not yet stained. He said I had caught them just in time. After giving him my new stain color choice, he indicated that he informed the rep of the change, & he (the salesman) said that "no production time would be lost."

I assumed the furniture would be delivered very quickly since the only thing Palettes had to do was stain it, but as of yesterday, August 31, I had not been informed of delivery. I again contacted the salesman who called the rep & then told me that the company was "backlogged" & I would not receive delivery until October. When I asked him how the set could be "almost complete" on August 10, & then 21 days later I am told that I have to wait another 6 weeks to receive it, he ignored the question. When I provided him with his email stating that no production time had been lost, he responded by saying that it was possible they moved the order when he called to make the change in stain color, totally ignoring the fact that he told me no production time had been lost.

I told him to cancel the order. He said "I wish I could, but special orders cannot be canceled once they are placed." I was never informed of this when ordering the furniture, nor is this stated anywhere on my invoice. He said he talked it over with the store owner & there was nothing they could do. He also said he contacted the rep & was told "no cancellations."

I did some research & it appears Palettes by Winesburg furniture is not made by the Amish. I cannot find any reviews of the company online, good or bad, which seems very strange to me. I contacted Palettes via their online contact form but they have not responded to me. Their address is in Dundee, Ohio but they are not listed on any Ohio BBB site. I did discover several complaints filed with the BBB against Burke Furniture in Lexington, KY. Nothing came of these complaints. Burke Furniture is not a member of the BBB so no action could be taken against them.

What are my options here? The salesman lied to me in the past regarding some bedroom furniture I purchased off the floor at the same time I ordered the dining table & chair set & the store did take that back & refund my money. I do not know if he really spoke with the store owner or not. Should I send a certified letter to the store owner, explaining the situation & providing him with the emails the salesman sent me? Or should I just go ahead & file complaints against the store with the BBB & the state attorney general ... maybe get a lawyer involved? Should I send a letter to Palettes by Winesburg &/or try to file complaints against them? Or am I stuck with accepting delivery of the furniture in October.