Thread: Bradington-Young Richardson Sofa

Silmarg Guest

Default Bradington-Young Richardson Sofa

Hello! My name is Sil and this is my first post on this forum. I know nothing about furniture and am trying to make an informed sofa / loveseat purchase.

As newlyweds 20 years ago my wife and I purchased a Bernhardt Natalie sofa and chair+1/2 in off-white fabric (what were we thinking buying white). The couch has served us well with a couple re-upholstery jobs over the years. The Mrs is hell bent getting a leather couch now and the reupholstery costs are crazy. So we've now convinced ourselves to replace the set.

We first started looking at Bernhardt (since it seemed to serve us well and we know nothing about which brands would give us similar mid- to high- end quality and not require a second mortgage6.
    During our travels (which have mostly been by Internet and phone - and not in many physical stores) we have learned Bernhardt may not be as high quality as it may have been 20 years and that we should consider Bradington-Young as a better quality and similar price alternative.

Looking at online photos we think we like the BY Richardson model best (and the Carrado next best). My big issue is the married leather. Since we are buying this sofa without seeing one live and in the flesh, we would like to buy it in married leather to save on the up charge of custom. But my question is... Is there a picture on the Internet of the Richardson (or Carrado) in its married leather? I've been told that Richardson comes in married cover 9815 but the online photos of Richardson are not in 9815. I saw that photos of BY West Haven line online which say they are in cover 9815, but the salesman I am dealing with says his swatch for 9815 does not look like the West Haven's online photo. He is sending me swatches. But does anyone know if a photo exists of a Richardson in 9815 (or a Carrado in its married leather)?

Default Re: Bradington-Young Richardson Sofa

All photos I have are here on the forum, use the search box when you are signed in and you can easily find any photos I might have in the database. Good luck.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.