Name:	LivingRoom.jpg 
Views:	344 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	7601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	370 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	7602

Hi Duane, thanks for taking the time to setup this valuable resource, it's very helpful.

We are ready to purchase furniture for our TV/living room and are not sure what would fit best into our space… total blank slate. Ideally, would like to have room set to enjoy upcoming holidays with family, not sure if its possible.

The room is 21' x 14', we were thinking either sofa and love seat or small sectional in corner with coffee table and maybe two chairs(swivel??) in front of fireplace. We are going to mount a large flatscreen TV on wall between the two windows. The room will be used as a family TV room so comfort is a must. The sectional or sofa/loveseat will be H&M leather pieces (two kids, two dogs). Open to any suggestions, esp appropriate sizing of pieces, our local furniture dealers were less than helpful; I knew more about their lines than they did just by reading here a few hours.

We live in Pittsburgh and will probably make the drive to VA to place our order with Duane and have it shipped rather than deal with the incompetent dealers here. Once we have an idea as to what would fit the space, it will be easier pick pieces and begin process.

Thanks

Jennifer

Default Re: Please help with TV / living room layout

I think for your space I would look at a sectional, but mind the size. It would be a 2/2 unit (loveseat/L/loveseat) due to space constraints, with your upper 'along the wall' measurement being max'ed out around 105". And that presents a small problem as well as there would not be room for any end tables (perhaps one small one on the longer wall). So, do that end i would also do two more things 1) look at installing some electrical wall sconce lighting in the area where the sectional would go. Something that would five you good 'down' light for reading, depending on your style. 2) a cocktail ottoman (square) about 37" x 37" up to 39" x 39", and then get a tray for it that you can use to carry snacks and drinks upon.

For the corners by the fireplace, I'd just get stationary chairs, you really don't need swivels there. Something not too massive, that shows some air space so they are not heavy looking.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/categ...&categoryid=OC

And I would want to put a rug of some kind down on the floor to dampen the echos from the TV. In a room that size with lower ceilings, that will go a long ways to making it feel cozy and calmer.

Hope that helps!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.