Thread: Which chair to buy

96act Guest

Default Which chair to buy

I am trying to decide between the Jessica Charles Cagney Swivel/ Rocker vs. the Jessica Charles Alexander Chippendale Chair. I would get the matching ottoman for whichever one I decide on. I am looking at the Debro Cranberry fabric and the Lark Taupe fabric. I have a dark brown leather sectional and I wanted to add some fabric to the room. Any suggestions on which chair and which fabric? I can paint the walls any color.

ps I also like the Henley wall huger by Bradington-Young.

Thanks!
    Last edited by 96act; 09-21-2015 at 11:47 AM.

Default Re: which chair to buy

To make color tone advisories, you have to post photos. Not only of your room and sectional, but pull the web photos of the JC pieces and fabrics and post them here as well.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Which chair to buy

I'm looking at a chair from H&M that is larger or oversized such as the 4715 Sundance or the 5982-1 Chaparral. Unfortunately, no dealer close to me has one of these on the floor and I'm a little reluctant to buy something that I haven't actually seen in person or sat in. Have you had much experience with either or have a suggestion on a large-sized H&M chair?

As big chairs go, my thoughts...

The 4715 Sundance to me is an awkward, odd chair. While the sofa is a work of art, especially in the 84" length and the Sectional, the chair leaves me cold (as does the recliner). The style did not transfer well to the chair size and while I find it sits OK, its nothing to write home about.

The 5982 Chaparral is all about roomy comfort. I have only sat on this chair at Market one time, but thought it done well.

Also look at the Author Series, that's the top selling chair and ottoman in this category.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    As big chairs go, my thoughts...

The 4715 Sundance to me is an awkward, odd chair. While the sofa is a work of art, especially in the 84" length and the Sectional, the chair leaves me cold (as does the recliner). The style did not transfer well to the chair size and while I find it sits OK, its nothing to write home about.

The 5982 Chaparral is all about roomy comfort. I have only sat on this chair at Market one time, but thought it done well.

Also look at the Author Series, that's the top selling chair and ottoman in this category.
    Thanks. I was surprised by the size of the Author chair. It looks big because of the flared curved back, but the seat width is only 19.5 inches, WAY too small. The Utah Tufted - 5603 is one I considered that's kinda similar, though not crazy about the arm styling. I'll call the store and get a quote on that one and the Chaparral.

You can't buy a chair on specs, the Author is actually a bit of a slouch chair and oh-so-comfortable. I have one with an ottoman in my store and would absolutely buy it over a Sundance chair/ottoman, not only for style but for comfort.
    Duane Collie