Thread: Leather Couch/sofa for family with kids

Lulu0915 Guest

Default Leather Couch/sofa for family with kids

Hello. What a great forum. We are looking at purchasing a new family room sofa & chair or a leather sectional. We want to stay around $3-4k. Is that possible to get something in that range or less with real hardwood base and not plywood? Any particular brands I should look at? Our home has more of a transitional decor. We also have two little kids. Any suggestions on styles in that price ranges?

Default Re: Leather Couch/sofa for family with kids

I don't know to what degree prices may have risen over the past couple of years, but I believe there are a few Hancock and Moore leather sofa styles within the Town and Country promotional program that can be purchased toward the upper figure in your stated range. I am thinking that the September, the City and the West End could be styles available in your range. Perhaps for a little more you could purchase the Sundance. In any event you also may find a number of leather styles in Bradington-Young that you would like.

$ 4K for a sofa and chair from H&M is going to limit you to a few models in the Town and Country collection, but its do-able - mostly. Maybe a little over that. Definitely not a sectional (which is like buying two sofas, price-wise). McKinley leather of the brands I have available would get into the Sofa / chair in much of their line, and almost into a sectional. They run Hardwood frames and 8-way hand-tied suspension, with top grain leather on all surfaces, and is USA-made.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Lulu0915 Guest

Thank you both. My husband really wants something with a deep seat. He Is pretty tall and is more comfortable in one. He likes the RH Lancaster or maxwell but we have read RH quality is not good. Anything else at all similar but better quality than RH with a deep seat?

Best bang for the buck I have would be this series from Hancock and Moore, in the Alberta promotional leathers. Fill out the Quote form here on the forum for a price for the sofa/chair if you like.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/produ...productid=1778

Extra deep sofas may be great for really tall people (over 6' 4") but most people under 5' 10" are uncomfortable on them, so it really has to fit everyone in the home.
    Duane Collie

Lulu0915 Guest

Thank you Duane. This is too traditional looking for us. We want something more transitional or even modern. We actually almost bought a natuzzi couch/chair last week but decided to hold off. How is natuzzi in terms of quality? My sister has had her natuzzi set for over ten years with heavy use and it looks almost brand new.

Are there any other brands that have a more modern look that maybe you don't carry?

Natuzzi does not have a very good reputation, but if that works for you give it a try. Otherwise, browse the web until you find a style you like is the best bet.
    Duane Collie

Lulu0915 Guest

I am not saying I want natuzzi just that the style we like. It's more modern/transitional. Are there are brands recommended besides H&M, McKineky, and Bradington-Young that we should look at?