Thread: Best sectional for comfort, quality, and high backs?

kb123 Guest

Default Best sectional for comfort, quality, and high backs?

This site has been very helpful and informative!
    My family and I just moved to a new home and would like purchase a sectional. We had a Flexsteel (Latitudes) manual reclining 3-seat sofa that we were very happy with. It was 6 yrs old and the cushions and leather held up really well & survived 4 moves in the past 2 years. However, while in storage during our last move, our belongings were exposed to and grew mold. Our son had a bone marrow transplant, so we are not willing to treat it, we’d like to start new. We were considering the Flexsteel Belmont Reclining Sectional. For the 2 love seats, armless chair, and wedge, we were able to shop around and get a price of $4,000. However, we are a little apprehensive to spend the money after reading many concerning reviews. The things we loved about our couch were: the comfort, high backs, and reclining option. $4,000 would be our max. budget. Ideally, we’d like to spend less, but we would like to purchase a quality piece. We are open to cloth (that is durable and easy to clean...our boys are 2 and 4 yrs. old) or leather and we like the reclining seats, but are open to getting a stationary sectional. We do not want to sacrifice comfort, quality, or the high backs. Do you have any recommendations for us? Thank you!

Default Re: Best sectional for comfort, quality, and high backs?

If you were happy with the Flexsteel purchase, why not stay with that maker? They have not changed their product markedly since you purchased yours - and all reviews are relative to a person's expectations (including my own). I give a big 'thumbs down' to Flexsteel Latitudes, but realize I have a far more critical eye and demands than 90 % of all consumers. That doesn't mean they make a poor product, it just means it does not meet what I look for in a piece of furniture and as such - won't sell that brand in my store. However, you had a great experience owning it - and you would probably enjoy their sectional as well.

I don't have any sectionals of the brands that I have available that will meet your price target, sorry. Good luck, and I hope your son's medical condition improves and he gets well. It's heart-breaking to have a child that sick...hang in there.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

kb123 Guest

Thank you for your response. Based on our previous experience with Flexsteel, I would absolutely purchase another couch from them. Having said that, I'm nervous that we just got lucky and had a piece that was well made. I'm nervous that the consistency in quality might not be there the 2nd time around.

Thanks again!
    And thank you for the kind words regarding our son. We are blessed to have found an anonymous donor who saved his life with their stem cells. Our son is doing very well, all things considering

I would not be worried about consistency in the least on the Flexsteel product. Chances are 99% if you liked your old unit you will like a new one, too.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.