Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H&M Document Leather...anyone like it ?

carmela39 Guest

Default H&M Document Leather...anyone like it ?

Calling anyone with Document copper or other doc leathers in H&M. I actually like the Document copper since it's not as uniform as some of the other leathers. I know Duane doesn't really care for it but am I crazy to actually like it? Does everyone think it looks too artificial?

I think it would suit our lifestyle and the color works for us....
    Do I dare go for the T&C program and actually save money or am I nuts and should I pick a leather that is cut and sewn here. Help push me off the pier!!!!!

Laxplaya7974 Guest

I really like the look of Document Copper. I ordered my city sofa in Document Honey and a few households in my family all have H&M pieces in Document Honey. They are very soft, subtle leathers, and the color is great in my opinion.

The Document Honey; however, was not part of the Town and Country promotion for the City Sofa, so it is sewn here and not in China, which I actually really liked. It did make the price more, but I would rather give jobs to Americans.

artielange Guest

My first H-M purchase was the September Sofa and Loveseat in Document Copper from the Town & Country line. Price had a huge amount to do with my selection as it was my first foray into the high end H-M line and I like the leather well enough. Along the way I have needed more pieces and I went to Duane's store to choose them. When I saw the handles of leather choices I went crazy! We literally spent hours putting the perfect leathers on the Crenshaw chairs (Weston Sunrise), Arnett Sofa Bench (Sedona Moss seat with my own fabric on the back) and 3 Mirad Swivel Barstools (Tiburon Butternut). Duane says that I have become a leather snob! Not saying that I regret the Document choice on the big pieces but probably I wish I had not let the cost be such a guiding factor.

puhmuckel Guest

Default Document

Bought two leathers so far, one was Equestrian (sofa) and one was document for the ottoman. Frankly, I do not care for the document feel and look, but since it is and ottoman and I like the color it is o.k. I would not buy it for a sofa....looks a bit cheaper.

carmela39 Guest

Thanks for the replies.

Artilange, how long have you had the September sofa and loveseat and has the document held up well? Wondering if you have the ability to post a pic since that is the sofa and loveseat I am sold on but unsure of in or out of Town and Country. My family room gets A LOT OF USE since it seems everyone likes to hang at my house...I'm a little leary of a bunch of teens on a more expensive handle (it's pretty much double the price for a grade 3).
    Thanks again.

artielange Guest

I have not had the furniture long, only a few weeks, and it is in our second home. I do expect that it will hold up very well. It is soft and comfortable and everyone who has sat on the sofa or loveseat has remarked on how comfortable they are. Whether sitting upright to read, slouching while hanging out or laying down while using the armrests for pillows, the September's are super comfy.

You MUST ignore the splotchy appearance that you see in these pictures. Only with the flash on the camera do you see this variation. In person it is a much more even coloration and it demonstrates that choosing leather based on a photograph is very difficult.

As I said, I like the Document but there are other much more beautiful leathers offered by H-M. The pricepoint of staying in the Town & Country line makes the Hancock and Moore much more competitively priced and I am one to always choose quality over many other factors. Do I like the fact that it is Chinese? No, but not enough to keep me from purchasing it. It feels like a good buy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2560.jpg 
Views:	1561 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2582.jpg 
Views:	1096 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	280  

A dog's life in the good old usa!!!!!!

carmela39 Guest

Artie,
    I think I agree that you can't beat the value...I love the sofas in your house and we have a window just where yours is so the color will look similar.
    Did you go with the married cover? Are you pleased with the workmanship?
    I am leaning toward going with the married cover since my kids are teens and have friends constantly flopping over! I think I'll be more relaxed with the T&C program. Thanks for the advice.
    Carmela

artielange Guest

Yes, those two pieces are married cover and they are beautifully sewn.

Sarah Guest

I like it! I have never owned any (only seen it at the showrooms) but it looked good to me. If YOU like the look of it, that is what matters most. It will certainly perform very well for years to come!

Artielange: Your sofas look wonderful - enjoy them!