Thread: I sat on a H&M Sectional today!!!

winnipb Guest

Default I sat on a H&M Sectional today!!!

You won't believe this guess what happened??? Today right here where I live I went into a very expensive furniture store (small town we only have 3 and the others sell junk). So I walked up and low and behold guess what they had in the window. It was the September Sectional I LOVED IT! Not the price they had on it but it was nice. Color was okay it was so called married cover anyway I was just so excited to get to see it in person and SIT ON IT. This is what they told me they said "it is on sale" so I asked how much is it. He said we have a heck of a deal right now it is 50% off. I was shocked 50% can you believe that! So I sat on it really started liking it then he said it is $8,000.00 so I said "so it is 50% off $8,000.00" he said "no that is the sale price he said it normally sells for $16,000.00 but it is 50% right now. YIKES! Sorry Duane but I can't remember what the ball park price was I know we talked about it but I know you did not tell me $16,000.00. Now do you see why I HATE DEALING WITH LOCAL STORES!

They did have a Bernhardt Sectional that was nice part upohlstry/part leather called the Foster (it was nice) and it was on sale fro $4,300.00 with not much leather on it except for the arms and bottom trim.

I am really leaning on the September now. Hope to hear your thoughts soon! Bev - I wish I had time to call maybe I will get a chance tomorrow. Oh I will try to get the BY samples off to you tomorrow.

Ah well, it's that old pricing game, Bev! I have never done that, and I abhor the bright red signs in stores that look so tacky. I run one price on regular signs and that never changes except when the manufacturer offers me a special (rarely!).

The H&M is nice, isn't it? <g> $ 5,585 is the price in the Married Cover, Document Saddle, plus the delivery charge. Any other Document color still keeps it in Town and Country and then it becomes $ 6,250. After that we go to grades 1,2,3,4,5 and the price goes up. Sounds like his was Document Copper.

He really said $ 16,000 ?!?! That's really over the top. I just don't understand why some of these stores try to hang on to 1990's pricing models....its archaic and it makes you never trust that store again once you find out the fair market prices. Why do they think customers are uneducated enough to buy into that? It won't fly in the internet age!

I'll be at the store, feel free to call....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

winnipb Guest

Isn't that crazy WOW. The one they had was the Document Saddle. Is there another color in the married cover? I just told my husband and he is definately proud of me for doing my homework! hahaha! now I am getting that much closer to getting what I want I can feel it.

Document Saddle is the only Married Cover on the September Sectional, so that was it. They're still high at $ 8K for the piece, most stores it would sell for $ 6.995 or so, and that's a full retail margin for a brick and mortar store that doesn't want to be a discounter - and that would be a fair, full-service price. $ 8K is borderline on gouging...bet they don't sell many.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

habs88 Guest

I saw this post and had to chime in. I echo the concerns here. I am in my early 30's, and since i have been out of college buying cars and furniture are the 2 most painful things. I never feel like i am getting a fair price and with furniture always feel a bit clueless on quality.

After discoveriing this website i will be looking Duane's way for future furniture purchases. I just need the economy to snap back so i can feel comfortable spending money again.