I have a Hancock and Moore order for a customer who lives an hour away, and it arrived a month ago. Attempts to reach him have failed - no replies to phone calls, emails and letters. Today I tried to reach him again, and on a hunch checked the funeral notices for his town and unfortunately he passed away three day before his furniture arrived according to the funeral notice. I know he was elderly and lived in an apartment by himself - not sure about relatives. In any case, no one has responded back to me so I will probably just put the item in my store as floor stock and try one more letter to that address to that effect- for whomever is settling his estate. Too bad, he was a nice gentleman and a prior customer.

Several years ago I had a lady who passed away as her custom desk was being built for her. Her husband called to tell me the news and asked if he was going to be required to take it. "Of course not" I told him, and refunded him all his money they had put down on it. He was grateful for that. I had not yet taken delivery on it from the maker of the piece as it was only halfway to being built, but they would not allow me to cancel it - said "You ordered it, you deal with it, we expect to get paid". And so I eventually sold it in the store. That particular maker was always touting his devotion to Jesus, even in his price lists and letters. Well, that didn't seem very Christian to me and I never ordered much from him after that, As they say - actions speak louder than words.