Thread: 8 year old H&M Lounger on Craigslist in Madison WI

Gsands64 Guest

Default 8 year old H&M Lounger on Craigslist in Madison WI

Hello!
    Thanks for this great forum....Tomorrow I am going to look at a H&M lounger on Craigslist. I have offered $750, the owner was asking $950 and it hasn't sold yet. I am new to this type of furniture and realize that I don't really know what the original price was unless I see a receipt.

post id: 5275530881 posted: 26 days ago

Aside from deciding for myself how much I really want this chair, are there any other considerations I need to make? Could it really have been $3850 originally?

condition: like new
    make / manufacturer: Hancock and Moore
    size / dimensions: 36"x34"x39"

"This LEATHER! retro, club-style chair is made by Hancock and Moore. The color is a rich forest green with brass nail trim. It has high-end stuffing and construction. The sit is cushy yet supportive. It's a roomy chair without looking yucky and gigantic (for scale, look at the picture with Pippa the puppy. She is a 30# border collie). It reclines when you press your weight back into the seat back-- no unsightly lever!
    I cannot overstate how comfortable this thing is...wear a gold sweater, get a beer and you will be living high-style in Packer heaven.
    This chair was purchased new about 8 years ago for $3,850. It was very well cared for and is in pristine condition."

Default Re: 8 year old H&M Lounger on Craigslist in Madison WI

It could have been that much, we don't know the model number or the leather.

Sorry, I don't have time to browse Craigslist to try to find that ad. You would have to cut and paste here for evaluation. Good luck
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Gsands64 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    It could have been that much, we don't know the model number or the leather.

Sorry, I don't have time to browse Craigslist to try to find that ad. You would have to cut and paste here for evaluation. Good luck

Right,
    Sorry, see attachment of Jpeg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H&Mchair.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	7819  

That is a fairly old recliner, I don't recognize it and its probably mid 1990's or older. Does not look like an exotic leather on it, more mainstream. If she paid $ 3,850 for that in its day than she didn't shop around much. The current model closest to that one such as a 1033 Addison recliner in the Alberta series leather would be $ 1,500 - ish brand new. $ 750 would be my absolute top dollar for that....I'd actually probably be closer to $ 500 myself. Good luck
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.