Thread: Hancock and Moore Town and Country Quality

cnsuth Guest

Default Hancock and Moore Town and Country Quality

Hi,
    I am new to the forum. I'm in the market to replace my 23 year old leather furniture (Klaussner). My wife an I have narrowed our choices to the Hancock and Moore City sofa in the Town and Country collection and a Smith Brothers sofa. I've found it difficult to find information about the Town and Country line, such as frame construction and leather quality. Does anyone have this information? Everything I read about Hancock and Moore is very positive but I'd like a few more details.

Thanks,
    Chris

Default Re: Hancock and Moore Town and Country Quality

Hancock and Moore's Town and Country Program is purely a marketing program designed to offer lower pricing on a wide-range of H&M styles, with specific "cover" offerings. The offerings have the exact same very high quality construction as the entire H&M line-up. Solid hardwood frames and 8-way-hand-tied construction. The workmanship is of the highest available across the industry. Smith Brothers offers excellent furniture as well, is typically not named in the highest tier of leather furniture manufacturers. You could not go wrong with products from either company, but I believe H&M offers furniture that exceeds the "Quality" of Smith Brothers. When we spent over a year learning about our choices across Manufacturers, are final two companies under consideration were the two you reference. We selected H&M for our Sofa and our Recliner in the end.

In terms of overall build quality, Hancock and Moore is the Gold Standard in the Industry. They build the best leather furniture you can buy - and no one in the trade will dispute that. However it comes at a price, they also are higher priced than many lines (depending on which dealer you purchase from, prices can vary significantly from dealer to dealer). Smith Brothers has a very good reputation in the business as well, but for the features they leave out it should be about 20 to 25% less in price from an H&M. If you find shopping in your local area the two brands to be similar in price then the H&M will give you a superior product in the build for same money. I considered carrying Smith Brothers are many people like what they make (and I would not rule out carrying the line), however they are a no-sag spring company rather than true 8-Way hand-Tied. Currently every piece of upholstery I have from four different makers in the store is 8-way, and I'm reluctant to go into a no-sag spring suspension line as its simply not as good.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

cnsuth, I neglected to respond to your comment about "I've found it difficult to find information about the Town and Country line..."

Some H&M Dealers do not participate in the Town and Country Promotional Program, as it is optional and does have some program requirements for the Dealer. It is possible therefore to visit a Showroom that has some H&M pieces and (Due to your familiarity via the Forum) ask about the T&C offerings and get a blank look from the Sales Associate. In any case be assured that you can get any questions about the T&C Program and the Offerings right here on the Forum.

cnsuth Guest

Thanks for the info. We are currently leaning toward the Hancock and Moore City sofa and love seat (Town and Country program). We now need to see what price we can get.

Thanks again,
    Chris

The sofa and loveseat are the same price in the Town and Country program, you can go to the QUOTES form here on the forum and fill in the info - I'll be glad to give you a quote with delivery fees.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.