Thread: Advice on Bradington Young leather

Skifastinvt Guest

Default Advice on Bradington Young leather

My wife and I are nearing a purchase of a bradington young sofa, chair, ottoman, and recliner (Landry collection). We have two cats, a dog and a baby on the way. We're looking for a dark brown leather that is durable and has a nice feel. We like the color of #9125 (timberland brown in the Bentley place collection). It doesn't look or feel overly processed (at least looking at the sample doesn't) but we're concerned that it is a finished leather and won't wear as well as a semi aniline product or a potentially better quality finished leather hide. We would greatly appreciate any thoughts and advice, keeping in mind that we don't have an unlimited budget (would like to stay below $7k).

Default Re: Advice on Bradington Young leather

The 9125 series leather is decent, though nothing exceptional. It's your basic finished (painted) leather with a smallish grain pattern and not too glossy, has a nice hand. Other GR 1 leathers I like are the 9114-88 which is a more handsome and pure aniline leather - but its going to have a waxy topcoat so it won't feel as soft. Two more goods ones in GR 1 are Aniline Plus leathers 9110-88 and 9104-87.

All leathers are going to show some form of wear with use. Painted leathers get friction wear over time. Aniline leathers will sun-fade and can show stains (but rarely do). The key is regular is regular maintenace using a care lit like the Leather Solutions product and that goes a long way into keeping the hides looking good and extending their useful service life.

I added up your pieces in that series and it comes to $ 5,997 from my store plus delivery fees based on your location - so your $ 7K target price is easily do-able in a GR 1 leather.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Skifastinvt Guest

Duane, thank you for your suggestions. I would love to take a look at samples of your suggested leathers and confirm pricing for the full scale Landry sofa, chair, Ottoman, and recliner. I tried to send you a pm, but the site will not allow it. How should I send you my mailing address?

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The 9125 series leather is decent, though nothing exceptional. It's your basic
    finished (painted) leather with a smallish grain pattern and not too glossy, has a nice hand. Other GR 1 leathers I like are the 9114-88 which is a more handsome and pure aniline leather - but its going to have a waxy topcoat so it won't feel as soft. Two more goods ones in GR 1 are Aniline Plus leathers 9110-88 and 9104-87.

All leathers are going to show some form of wear with use. Painted leathers get friction wear over time. Aniline leathers will sun-fade and can show stains (but rarely do). The key is regular is regular maintenace using a care lit like the Leather Solutions product and that goes a long way into keeping the hides looking good and extending their useful service life.

I added up your pieces in that series and it comes to $ 5,997 from my store plus delivery fees based on your location - so your $ 7K target price is easily do-able in a GR 1 leather.

You can put in a request for sample swatches in the QUOTES section here on the forum or email to me at keepingroom@gmail.com

THX
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.