Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bradington Young # 932-70 Dual Battery Power Loveseat in leather 9049-91

Default Re: Bradington Young # 932-70 Dual Battery Power Loveseat in leather 9049-91

That's an older photo of the H&M Home Theatre "Monterey" series, basically two single recliners bolted together and arms added to the outside.

The new Your Way Program motion series is rolling out now. My first sofa unit arrives Monday, the 8th. It's too heavy to bring in the store or even unpack until my delivery team can assist, so it will be Saturday the 13th before we get a look at it and in the store.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Bradington Young # 932-70 Dual Battery Power Loveseat in leather 9049-91

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4310.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	10542

The Your Way Motion has given me a thought. The Wrangler Sectional was going to be a doable but huge "footprint in this room.

A reclining Loveseat perpendicular to the fireplace with Sundance Arms (or not) and a Sundance floating, facing the fireplace. The back of the Sundance is what you'd see a lot. With this weather, I've been loving using the fireplace! Snow wonderland in Virginia "Beach"!

Thanks Duane,
    I'll be interested to see a picture of the "My Way Motion" when you get a chance. Is it a loveseat?

I am honing in my decision making progress, one large sectional vs two deep couches, one larger than the other.
    I wonder if you, or anyone else that has gotten a sectional that is not symmetrical would chime in: how did you go about deciding which side would have the "corner"? I assume it's of less concern when a sectional is against a wall, thus the beauty of the Sundance, the appearance of its back.

But, I've been observing how we sit, even taking pictures of where our knees are on a 21-22 inch deep sofa and I guess we are just slouchers, so as beautiful as it is, I don't think we could make it work

If both "lengths" are visible from the back, what factors would you consider?

Which back will catch people's eye the most?

How the pieces would be in the unfortunate circumstances that you moved and had to break them up? E.g. A love seat could go against a wall, with the arm out. A couch with one "weird arm" could still function as a couch, a thick Afghan or similar could never thrown over it. ( I've had a huge sectional before)

I may have requested quotes wrong but assume they'd price out similarly. I will call you re: that.

This "Your Way Motion" is a full size sofa, we plan to put it in the store and have it plugged in this coming Saturday morning. I looked at the bottom of it in the warehouse today (we stack them vertically in the crate/box) and the innards of this piece are impressive and stout. This is going to be one sofa that is going to be so heavy that it will not be going up or down staircases. Shipping weight is 574 lb, but it can't weigh that much!

Sectional layouts are more determined by room size and placement than anything else. No, you can't 'break up' a sectional, it won't work. The side that has the join segment isn't finished properly. Bad idea!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

I’ll be interested in seeing the My Way Motion Sofa. I live in a ranch house with one step up to the front doors, which open up about 6 feet wide.

What I’m wondering, specifically about the Wrangler sectional, would be:
    A 2RAC plus a 3 LAF, which is what I first thought of. Then I realized there would be a “break” in the long back that faced the front door, living room, walkway behind it.

So that maybe a 2 RAF with a 3 LAC made more sense.

What’s strange, is if you add the measurements the two ways, the ,short end comes out to 113 if you do a 2RAC version, which just makes it for me.

The other way, which would make a more seamless back, according to the specs you gave me, would add up to 115 “. I know it’s handmade and not to the inch, but sound this confusing. (Or maybe I’m adding 49” (which is the depth) of the longer part, to the 69” inches of the RAF Loveseat and the corner isn’t exactly as big as that whole depth.

The specs you had only had Outer measurements, not inner, not wall lengths, so, if that’s my final decision, I’d need to get those exact numbers from you.

I know you are waiting to hear from me if it is to be a Wrangler. Hopefully I will get my next batch of samples tomorrow, Friday.

How much time do you think I have to still order a Wrangler? A day? A week? Hard to “promise”?

Also, I realize that it is because of the curve and the symmetry that makes the center seat of the Sundance the shallowest as compared to an L shaped sectional and for us, with a lab always in the picture, we are more of a Wrangler or similar family than a Sundance. Now, if I were furnishing my formal living room, right now.....

I saw some images of what I thought was a custom Wrangler in some old images I found online, but it was, in fact, the back of A LaCross, perhaps in your store? Long ago? Anyway, is it possible to get similar tufting on the back of a Wrangler, so it didn’t look quite so utilitarian? I know that must be a customization.

Customizing the size of a LaCrosse seems like it would be a lot more involved, that is, to get the dimensions near that of the Wrangler.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	141765F3-9407-4244-9DE7-3ADD9AC8AF33.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	10552

The furniture is placed roughly to show how much space a Wrangler would take up, but it would be a LOT deeper, so not nearly so much open space in the middle.