Thread: Looking to invest in new leather sofa - perhaps sectional. Looking at Ekornes.

tmagner Guest

Default Looking to invest in new leather sofa - perhaps sectional. Looking at Ekornes.

Ekornes is a bit pricey. We both have back pain and need a quality sofa/sectional with good support. Is there an alternative to the Ekornes brand or should we bite the bullet and go with their quality product? Our style leans towards contemporary and eclectic and we are lovers of art and music in a large, high ceiling living space in the mountains. Prefer neutral colors. Thank you for any input you may have. T

Default Re: Looking to invest in new leather sofa - perhaps sectional. Looking at Ekornes.

Can you put a number to 'pricey'? Many of us do not know what they sell for....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

tmagner Guest

Default Re: Looking to invest in new leather sofa - perhaps sectional. Looking at Ekornes.

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Can you put a number to 'pricey'? Many of us do not know what they sell for....
    Around $13,000 to $15.000 for a sectional with 3 high back sofa, corner, 2 highback sofa and ottoman. They do not have auto reclining so important to include the ottoman.

tmagner Guest

I should clarify - non motorized reclining with no foot rest so ottoman is essential.

tmagner Guest

Just looked at Palliser for a leather sectional. Does anyone have an opinion on this brand? Quality, support for back pain?

That is not inexpensive for a 3 / 2 Sectional. Ekornes has a unique style and while it doesn't appeal to me, they do have a loyal customer base.

Palliser is mid-line build at best.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.