Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pottery Barn Turner vs HCM, Brad Young

Default Re: Pottery Barn Turner vs HCM, Brad Young

The last time I was at Verbags on Montgomery Rd. they had... The West End, September, Austin, Sundance, and Journey Sofas. They do have the largest H&M inventory of anyone in Columbus, Dayton or Cincinnati.

If you are ever around Cleveland, Sedlak Interiors has a decent amount of H&M on the floor. Not sure they have that particular model but they have at least 10 sofas last time I was there.

I have bought from Verbargs when I lived in Cincinnati and they are nice to deal and not sales pressurey, the prices are a little on the higher side. They have a mix of good furniture and middling-brands.

Ci2Eye Guest

Can't believe you said "my old lady" in a web forum. Sorry but I can't get past that to even consider weighing in on your situation and I am not a lady.

Comfortablepants Guest

Had a last minute business meeting in Indianapolis this week and got to stop into a Pottery Barn and a Restoration Hardware while there. Sat on a visually worn (to me looked sloppy) Lancaster in the RH store with the 49" depth with down cushions. Sales person said it had been in the store for 3 years. Too deep and soft, but felt like solid leather. I liked the color a lot more in person this time than I originally thought in Columbus over holiday time. Also stopped in to the Pottery Barn and sat on a Turner sectional. I like the firmness of the Turner cushions better than RH, the Turner definitely has cleaner lines which I prefer as this tandem that I end up going with will be in our living room and the RH seems like a helluva basement couch but I can't get past it looking somewhat sloppy. My previous experience with the PB Turner was that it was made for midgets. The roll arms dont extend north of the seat by only a couple inches which gives the illusion that you're nearly sitting on the floor despite the seat height being nearly the same between the RH Lancaster and PB Turner.

My current impression of Pottery Barn is that nearly everyone I've spoken too has given me a very generic negative impression of their quality but nobody has specifically referenced the Turner. Believe me, I've felt the difference in the fabric sofas in person. At 300 pounds, if theres a structural defect, its hard to hide when I sit on it. But the PB Turner feels the most solid of anything I have sat on. Even the Bradington Young 672-95 felt less desirable. The seats don't cave and create a huge gap between cushions, and the firmness doesn't change between the edge of the sofa and the very middle, something I have detected in a lot of sofas--Especially the PB sinuous fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by Ci2Eye View Post
    Can't believe you said "my old lady" in a web forum. Sorry but I can't get past that to even consider weighing in on your situation and I am not a lady.
    A lot of people say that same thing. She's not even old. We just turned 30. I just don't like calling her my "fiance". That word feels....soft.

Heading to Cincinnati this weekend. I'll update with where I can land on a HM showroom. Might even call ahead and see if anyone has a 4192 beforehand if i can find the time

bubbaonline Guest

Definitely, there is nowhere else in town to see H&M, but at Verbargs.