Thread: Non reclining love seat to match a Bradington and Young Reid sofa?

Jimsousae Guest

Default Non reclining love seat to match a Bradington and Young Reid sofa?

Hi Duane,

This is my first post to the forum though I've appreciated the information you provide here.

My wife and I are thinking of purchasing a Bradington and Young Reid reclining sofa. Since we only need the sofa to recline, we were wondering if you have a recommendation for a matching love seat that doesn't recline. The reason we're interested in the Reid line is that it's one of the few sofas (we tried the sectional) that is comfortable for both of us as I'm 6'4 and she is 5'2.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Default Re: Non reclining love seat to match a Bradington and Young Reid sofa?

I looked into this for another customer just a few weeks ago, going as far as to the CEO of Bradington Young to ask if they would build a non-moving variant - replacing the motion mechanisms with an 8-way spring deck. The answer was 'no'. So unfortunately there is no exact frame match in a non-motion piece and they will not adapt their line. If you want the style to be the same, then you can look into Hancock and Moore's Austin series. They have an entire lineup of both motion and stationary in the series including that loveseat is two different sizes , and it sits even better than the B-Y Reid. They will be more costly, however.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ.../Search/austin
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jimsousae Guest

Default Re: Non reclining love seat to match a Bradington and Young Reid sofa?

Thanks so much for the information. I'll see if I can find the Hancock and Moore Austin locally to try out.