Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: H&M Mesquite or Prairie leather? Martini or District?

Default Re: H&M Mesquite or Prairie leather? Martini or District?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    I am getting ready to order a few more samples before we make our final decision. What we want is a pull-up, nothing burnished. We need a light to medium brown. We will be limited since we can't go higher than a grade 3. :-( Of the samples that we have here, we like the feel of Mesquite and Fresno and the color of Prairie Caramel. We are no where near a furniture store that carries H&M so I looked on the H&M website and it's impossible to get any idea from their sample pictures. Just guessing from color, the possibilities are Native Butternut, Sonoma Chestnut & Fawn, Tiburon Toffee & Chestnut, Tuscany Saddle, Weston Sand & Sunrise. Which of these are pull-up leathers? Duane, could you please make a suggestion in the samples we should order? (Time's a wasting, only 28 days to go!)
    You might like tiburon java. It is a pull up, but it is lighter than tuscany harness.

I unloaded all my new floor stock into my storage facility today and looked at the label for the new Westwood Recliner that came in for stock. Amazingly enough I ordered it in <drumroll, please>.... PRAIRIE CARAMEL ! I kid you not. So, I guess I liked it when I saw it made up. Now if I could get some space on my sales floor I could unpack this and see what it's like!
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jake8 Guest

LOL!! .... please post pics and a detailed review of the Prairie leather!

For now it will have to stay in the box in my small warehouse. I have several new pieces to display but can fit nothing more in my store right now.
    Duane Collie

Jake8 Guest

Any chance you'll be unearthing that Westwood recliner in PRAIRIE CARAMEL anytime soon Duane? Sure would like to see pics and hear your thoughts!

As soon as I can get space on my floor for it. I kid you not, I don't have room to swing a cat in the store right now. (Cat lovers, that's a phrase, I don't really swing them). If you can get someone to come in and buy a floor model recliner (I have fifteen on the floor right now) then it will be unboxed and set up right away!
    Duane Collie

Jake8 Guest

We live in a pretty rural area and the closest H&M dealer is a couple of hours away. We happened to be there today and found ourselves only 10 minutes or so from the store. We got to look at EVERY leather sample.... big ones too! We really liked the Tiburons, Mink and Java. Duane, we have changed our minds about doing a two-tone. I'm afraid we'd get really tired of it before too long. We have changed our mind about the Prairie and are leaning towards Tiburon, not sure which. The Mink is a beautiful color as is the Java. Does anyone by any chance have any pics of anything done in Java or Mink? Would love to see how they look. Also, what wood and nails would you suggest? We didn't get a chance to look at the wood samples at the shop, only looked at them online. First glance, I liked Chestnut and Waxed Pine. Thoughts?

Tiburon is a classic Italian pull-up hide, very rich and builds an excellent patina over time. Nail and wood finish depends on the frame used and the room they are going in and of course, personal preferences.
    Duane Collie