Thread: Anyone have experience with Tandem Arbor or Bryght sofa?

Chandara Im Guest

Default Anyone have experience with Tandem Arbor or Bryght sofa?

Anyone have any experience with tandem arbor? I am looking at this sofa

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...YU&searchidx=8

The description disclose "The hardwood frame is sourced in the USA and constructed in North Carolina using eco-friendly soy bean fill, hand knotted eight-way steel coils, and spring and down cushions." I am not sure if this is accurate or not. Price point seems good if its 8 way hand tied, spring and down in cushion.

Another style I really like is this sofa from Bryght.

http://www.bryght.com/product/1159/c...-sofa-left-arm

The cushion of foam and down, and frame appears to be good, however, it is made with pirelli webbing. Everywhere I have read, says pirelli webbing is bad. Has that opinion changed with todays advancement?

Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone have experience with Tandem Arbor or Bryght sofa?

I don't know that maker "Tandem Arbor" but I'd bet $ 100 and give you 10 to 1 odds in your favor that's not a solid hardwood frame or 8-way hand-knotted coil deck with Spring Down cores. So bet $ 100, win $ 1,000 if I'm wrong. Pretty good odds, I'd say. Why do I say that? They can't build a sofa that way and sell it at that price. The thing is, you have to either go to the factory during the build or tear one down after purchase to inspect to find out. They know the odds of anyone doing that are slim to none, so what they say in an ad and how they really built it are two different things.

Run - don't walk = from anything with Pirelli Webbing as the suspension system unless you are ready to trip it to the landfill in 18 months.
    Last edited by drcollie; 02-08-2016 at 12:16 AM.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Chandara Im Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I don't know that maker "Tandem Arbor" but I'd be $ 100 and give you 10 to 1 odds in your favor that's not a solid hardwood frame or 8-way hand-knotted coil deck with Spring Down cores. So bet $ 100, win $ 1,000 if I'm wrong. Pretty good odds, I'd say. Why do I say that? They can't build a sofa that way and sell it at that price. The thing is, you have to either go to the factory during the build or tear one down after purchase to inspect to find out. They know the odds of anyone doing that are slim to none, so what they say in an ad and how they really built it are two different things.

Run - don't walk = from anything with Pirelli Webbing as the suspension system unless you are ready to trip it to the landfill in 18 months.
    Thanks for the response. Seemed to go to be true with all those features. Some other sofa's I have been looking at are those ones listed below. I like the style with low arms and seat of the sofa. More a long the lines of contemporary/soft modern. I am unsure of depth of 46" which maybe for nba players. I've sat in them and are comfortable if you add another support cushion. I know you don't really like Restoration hardware, but what do you think about the maxwell? I can buy a 33% off coupon and itll put me at around $3300 out the door for the 9' in belgian linen.
    Looking to around $3k for a sofa only in ~100". I am located in Arizona if you can point me to a place.

What about this

http://www.thrivefurniture.com/grant-xl-sofa/

or

https://cococohome.com/shop/sofas/monroe-fabric-sofa/

or

http://cascobayfurniture.com/pages.php?pID=11&CDpath=0

or

https://www.silvercoastcompany.com/l...bric-sofa.html
    Last edited by Chandara Im; 02-07-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Chandara Im Guest

Added some other sofas

I have a review of my opinions of the Restoration Hardware product here on the forum. As to those other links, who knows? I have no personal experience with them but Aaron and I exposed Casco Bay for what kind of operation they are after they attacked this forum on their blog site. You can read about that here on the forum as well. Use the SEARCH function.
    Duane Collie

Chandara Im Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    I have a review of my opinions of the Restoration Hardware product here on the forum. As to those other links, who knows? I have no personal experience with them but Aaron and I exposed Casco Bay for what kind of operation they are after they attacked this forum on their blog site. You can read about that here on the forum as well. Use the SEARCH function.
    Thanks DrCollie. I have been using the search and have been doing a lot of research. Do you know of any reputable sofa builders in arizona?

Sorry, I do not. I ship to customers in AZ all the time. In fact, I have more customers in California and Texas than I do here in Virginia...we ship out West every week.
    Duane Collie