Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difficulties with Local Furniture Store & Manufacturer's Quality - Need Serious Help

sajehill Guest

Default Re: Difficulties with Local Furniture Store & Manufacturer's Quality - Need Serious H

Asomer ... again. I have not posted in this thread since early February. I have ignored any notices of replies as I felt decollie was rather condescending when he stated he read my other posting about my experience with a local furniture company & stated it was unusual for someone to have two major issues/complaints in such a short period of time. Rather than calling him names & rambling on & on about things he didn't understand or whatever, I simply stated that yes, it was unusual, but it was also possible. There was no need for me to come back to this thread to continue to post. I had gotten an email that Labrador posted asking for the line of furniture, the manufacturer, the wood, & some photos. Although I would have liked to have been accommodating, I did not feel it wise to post this information publicly when it was becoming a legal issue.

No one ever said anything about buying this furniture from the same store where I purchased the dining table & chairs. Apparently you think I was that stupid. And once again you are accusing me of buyers remorse & saying that my "story" has discrepancies & doesn't add up. You are confusing two completely different purchases & not understanding either one.

Once again, not that it's any of your business or anyone else's, but my attorney is a family friend so his help in this has cost me nothing ... & after the furniture was delivered after being repaired a second time & still had major issues, he made sure the furniture store took it back & refunded my money to me.

How sad for people to have such an empty life that they have nothing better to do than insult others & accuse them of all sorts of negative things. You know nothing about me & totally do not understand the two separate situations at all.

Incidentally, I wish to remove myself from this forum but have no idea how to do so. I will not be reading any other notifications that come to my email.

Default Re: Difficulties with Local Furniture Store & Manufacturer's Quality - Need Serious H

Quote Originally Posted by sajehill View Post
    Asomer ... again. I have not posted in this thread since early February. I have ignored any notices of replies as I felt decollie was rather condescending when he stated he read my other posting about my experience with a local furniture company & stated it was unusual for someone to have two major issues/complaints in such a short period of time. Rather than calling him names & rambling on & on about things he didn't understand or whatever, I simply stated that yes, it was unusual, but it was also possible. There was no need for me to come back to this thread to continue to post. I had gotten an email that Labrador posted asking for the line of furniture, the manufacturer, the wood, & some photos. Although I would have liked to have been accommodating, I did not feel it wise to post this information publicly when it was becoming a legal issue.

No one ever said anything about buying this furniture from the same store where I purchased the dining table & chairs. Apparently you think I was that stupid. And once again you are accusing me of buyers remorse & saying that my "story" has discrepancies & doesn't add up. You are confusing two completely different purchases & not understanding either one.

Once again, not that it's any of your business or anyone else's, but my attorney is a family friend so his help in this has cost me nothing ... & after the furniture was delivered after being repaired a second time & still had major issues, he made sure the furniture store took it back & refunded my money to me.

How sad for people to have such an empty life that they have nothing better to do than insult others & accuse them of all sorts of negative things. You know nothing about me & totally do not understand the two separate situations at all.

Incidentally, I wish to remove myself from this forum but have no idea how to do so. I will not be reading any other notifications that come to my email.

I only discovered this forum several weeks ago & never had read any posts in the "Problem Solver" section. I glanced at some of them the other day, but actually read yours because of the length and the seriousness of the tone of the thread caught my attention. After I read this older post, I noticed the more recent post & read that as well.

Both post had a lot of detail in them & seemed like they were quite serious situations. However, upon another read, the secrets of your dilemmas slowly revealed themselves.

What I wrote, I assure you, was not to condescend or belittle you. Or, the severity of the situation, as experienced by you & I stated as much. I apologize if what I said was interpreted that way, it was not my intention.

But, the reason for posting my replies on even an old thread, not knowing if the OP would return to read them, but figuring at least current, active members & any new member that's in a similar situation probably [B]would[B] read what I wrote. I may not make any headway with you, but perhaps someone else going through a similar situation would see the light.

I don't think Duane was being condescending to you with his statement that it's VERY unusual for someone to have such extreme difficulties with 2 furniture orders that close together. Yes, anything is possible; nobody's saying it's not. But, you describe both situations as making you sick to your stomach over the issues & that's a pretty serious situation that'll give somebody that kinda anxiety!

YOU posted on this forum seeking advice. Some you appreciated & some you didn't: such is the case in life.

I don't know the details of the dining room set that got refunded. But, if it went anything like the bedroom set that you had/am having issues with, I'm guessing it was easier for the store to just appease you rather than giving you the fuel to fodder & escalate everything. Duane's been in this business almost 30 years, running a store: his input & advice will be as good as it gets in this industry. You may not like what he or anybody else on the forum has to say about your situation, but you admit you took the sales rep's word & nowhere is what he said repeated in the product description or on its invoice. There's NOTHING you can do months later about that. I really am sorry you had to learn the lesson like this. I'll repeat my original point I was trying to make in both responses: you at least learned the lesson & hopefully, now will do your due diligence in becoming an informed & educated consumer in your purchases.

Again, I apologize if what I said came off harshly. My goal in replying to these related threads was to educate somebody else reading: that sometimes you just made a crummy purchase & if you didn't realize that until AFTER the return period & there's no warranty related issues with the item, then it's yours. All the huffing & puffing in the world & threats of chargebacks & going to lawyers, etc won't change that. Some ppl are too ashamed & embarrassed to admit, even to themselves they made a REALLY stupid purchase or took some sales rep's word as the gospel. They STILL may not admit it to others, even after reading my replies I posted...but, I'm willing to bet, they're at least beginning to admit the truth, to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by sajehill View Post

I'm not in the least bit surprised that after the additional repairs/replacements there were STILL defects in the pieces!

Please!
    OP, you'd already had it made up in your mind you weren't going to keep this furniture, come hell or high water! That's why you didn't want to schedule the delivery after the repairs/replacements...until you were informed that after 30 days, it'd be considered abandoned property. You scheduled the delivery, it got delivered & surprise, surprise: it was damaged & defective AGAIN!

You had your family friend attorney write a strongly worded letter to the store & got your money back months after you were legally entitled to a refund. You won!

Jenny's said it & I'll say it again: the store has gone well above & beyond what they're legally required to do for you.
    It just wasn't good enough: you wanted out of the transaction completely & all monies returned to you. At the end of the day, you got what you wanted. You just put the sales rep, the store, the manufacturer, the delivery company & your credit card company thru the ringer to get it. That's not fair to make someone else carry the burden of your bad purchase. Not to mention, a complete waste of everybody's time & resources.

I find it rather odd that YOU came here initially for advice & help...guess you didn't like what you heard, yet continued requesting help in what to do, yet unwilling to provide photos of any of these damages & defects(a family friend acting legally on your behalf in a pro bono capacity hardly qualifies as a legal investigation.) Many forum members have posted pictures of their furniture's damages & wear issues while being in the midst of legit discussions with dealers & manufactures, so not buying the "legal" excuse. ANY evidence you did have that would back up your side & actually help us advise you, you never provided. Incidentally, since you've gotten your money back now, it's no longer a legal investigation. The case is closed, a done deal: you can post those pics now...

Why not share with the forum how exactly you went about getting your money back? I'm sure others in a similar predicament as you were would find that information very helpful.

Regarding deleting your account: if I had to guess, I'd say it'd be someplace under Profile & Profile Settings.
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-09-2016 at 11:37 AM.

This thread is closed to further comments
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.