Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
Oh, and the movers will be arriving the third week of June. We will see our things again, (God willing that it all makes it there and does not end up on the bottm of the Pacific ocean), mid August. We will be in Hawaii for exactly two years, then back to the mainland somewhere for about 3 years... Then we would loooove a european tour...we shall see. So far we have been in 5 homes in 8 years... This next home will be our 6th! On the household goods inventory that the movers fill out with all of the box and furniture tag numbers and descriptions, there is a special section for high value items where I would have to write down this sofa and its monetary value so that if it is damaged or lost, it can be fixed or replaced... Something this expensive otherwise would not be covered under their policy. In our last move (from hawaii to florida), we had SO many things broken by careless movers. It was sickening. The moving company reimbursed us the money of the paid value of all of the broken items, but some things, like my grandmother's antique washstand that was if great sentimental value to me, cannot be replaced... They dropped and irrepairably broke both pieces of it literally right off of the truck two times in a row right in front of me. Well life goes on anyway... I cant take any of my things to heaven anyway!
Oh, yes, I completely understand about the whole movers-destroying-family-pieces thing. So sorry that your washstand couldn't be repaired. That's pretty bad!

TXCajun