Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Leather Choices and My Growing Family.

Default Re: Leather Choices and My Growing Family.

Quote Originally Posted by TXCajun View Post
    Savannah,

From what I recall when I had Duane's nail board, your description of CC is spot-on. (As always, you are very adept at articulating what you see! ...just as you did with the wood finish samples and the leathers.) And, I see from your photos that you met your goal, exactly. The bonus for you, and what I really appreciate in your end result, is that your sofa is going to be incredibly versatile. It will make friends and play nicely with just about any look you plop it in...traditional, transitional, eclectic, boho, industrial, and on and on and on. Seriously, girl, you made great choices!

I can only hope I did as well with my own selections!

TXCajun
    Aww, and always, you are so incredibly supportive and encouraging!!!! I love how you pointed how versatile my sofa will be-- that is a GREAT point!! I hope because of that I can not only make it work where ever we go but also still like it as my taste changes over the next 30 years lol... Or until the movers send it to an untimely death and have to buy us another . Yall ordered a chesterfield type in capri, right? I'm sure it will be grand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Aww, and always, you are so incredibly supportive and encouraging!!!! I love how you pointed how versatile my sofa will be-- that is a GREAT point!! I hope because of that I can not only make it work where ever we go but also still like it as my taste changes over the next 30 years lol... Or until the movers send it to an untimely death and have to buy us another . Yall ordered a chesterfield type in capri, right? I'm sure it will be grand!!!
    Yes, your sofa will be a workhorse! And, I have thought about the movers y'all are facing. When is that happening? You will update us when you can, please?

You have a good memory. We did order the Tavern, which is chesterfield-ish. We were considering the chesterfield until my husband fell hard for the Tavern. The Tavern's hide is Capri Tobacco. Again, The Man was one-and-done with that hide. We also ordered two Raleigh wing chairs and a Chippendale ottoman, all covered with Hyde Park Tan, lightly burnished.

Here's our goal: We've just wrapped up over two years working with our architect to design our Texas Hill Country lake house. This will be our downsized home; so, well-thought for organization and space usefulness. We wanted a modern riff mix of the old dog run with essence of barn. We'll be using some salvaged materials, but not to the extreme. Granted, this is not for everyone. At any rate, the interior will be a clean palate as a foil for our furnishings, including The Man's guitar collection. We don't have super fine antiques, but some family pieces that make us happy. This is the first house we've ever built. So, we'll see. At any rate, we chose the H&M pieces we did because their old-school style will contrast nicely with the interior space and materials...we think...we hope. Again, some people don't like this one little bit, and we're ok with that. Heck, once this project shoots up off the paper, we might think we've lost our marbles. As my Mammaw used to say, "...making us more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"

TXCajun

ViviV Guest

Lol!!! I love your Mammaw's saying TXCajun!!! I'd love to live in the Texas Hill country! We've built 4 homes in Texas and I can tell you that type of home in that part of the State would be awesome to build. Building a home can be taxing on your patience so arm yourself with a good heaping helping of it!! Thankfully we are done building, moving and are happy to be where we are. Taxes are low, pine trees are tall and I'm 10 minutes from anything and everything we care about. But the Texas Hill country near the water sure is enviable!

Savannah, I too love your York half a sectional!! The leather is just scrumptious!! And I love the silver nails. I agree with TXCajun that it is super versatile and could fit any decor.

Y'all made great choices. We have selected the Salvatore sofa, one Poet chair and 2 Poet swivels. We've stepped out of T&C because of my husband not liking the Cameo Mocha leather I had chosen and i disliked the other Cameo colors. The only I liked he didn't :/. So we were back to step one and finally we decided that we both like Hyde Park Tan and Hyde Park Earth a lot. So it will be one of those two. Were waiting on one more leather sample and some fabric samples to upholster the swivels to make our final decision.

TXCajun, I can't wait to see your chairs!! Pretty please post pics of your chairs in Hyde Park Tan as soon as you can!! Why did y'all choose Hyde Park Tan?

Check out this rad version of the Salvatore I found buried in the middle some old High Point market pictures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	136.1 KB 
ID:	8416

Views:	262 
Size:	109.4 KB 
ID:	8417

Views:	228 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	8418
    Last edited by ViviV; 04-04-2016 at 07:55 PM.

Jake8 Guest

I agree with you, TXCajun, Savannah seems to have the furniture touch. And she has great taste! (LOL, I would think that.... we both picked the same leather and nails!) I also hope that I did as well.

ViviV,

Yes, we're learning the patience factor of building a home! And, we aren't even in the building stage, yet. Just finding a GC is a bit of a trial. Builders have a hot market and they're mostly taking on ginormous house projects. Ours is waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than what the builders are looking for, currently. That's ok. We'll find just the right GC, eventually. We are, however, anxious to be out in the quiet. We love going out to our little piece of quiet just to sit and listen to the leaves rustling in the breeze. One day...

Originally, we thought we'd cover all the H&M pieces in the same hide and use accessories as texture and contrast. Then, we decided we wanted a different hide for the chairs and ottoman. When I read artielange's thread mentioning Hyde Park Tan, that sealed the deal. Duane mailed the samples and we saw Capri Tobacco and Hyde Park Tan (lightly burnished) are beautiful companions. Both are warm tones. Even though the Capri hand is crazy-luxurious, that Hyde Park hide also feels fabulous. (Hyde Park Brownie is another one I would love to include at some point in our little project. I really, really like it.)

I will post photos when our pieces arrive. Our chairs and ottoman might arrive mid-May. Due to a wait for more Capri Tobacco, our sofa will likely arrive sometime this June.

Y'all's sofa and chair selections are terrific! The lines are fantastic and I especially like the arms. I can't think of any way to go wrong with the Hyde Park hides. That is just my opinion, but I am a big fan of Hyde Park. Some people are not into burnishing, though. And, that's ok, too. I don't recall Hyde Park Earth, so I'll do some searching for photos.

TXCajun

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    I agree with you, TXCajun, Savannah seems to have the furniture touch. And she has great taste! (LOL, I would think that.... we both picked the same leather and nails!) I also hope that I did as well.
    Jake8,

I bet you did!

TXCajun

Yes, your sofa will be a workhorse! And, I have thought about the movers y'all are facing. When is that happening? You will update us when you can, please?

You have a good memory. We did order the Tavern, which is chesterfield-ish. We were considering the chesterfield until my husband fell hard for the Tavern. The Tavern's hide is Capri Tobacco. Again, The Man was one-and-done with that hide. We also ordered two Raleigh wing chairs and a Chippendale ottoman, all covered with Hyde Park Tan, lightly burnished.

Here's our goal: We've just wrapped up over two years working with our architect to design our Texas Hill Country lake house. This will be our downsized home; so, well-thought for organization and space usefulness. We wanted a modern riff mix of the old dog run with essence of barn. We'll be using some salvaged materials, but not to the extreme. Granted, this is not for everyone. At any rate, the interior will be a clean palate as a foil for our furnishings, including The Man's guitar collection. We don't have super fine antiques, but some family pieces that make us happy. This is the first house we've ever built. So, we'll see. At any rate, we chose the H&M pieces we did because their old-school style will contrast nicely with the interior space and materials...we think...we hope. Again, some people don't like this one little bit, and we're ok with that. Heck, once this project shoots up off the paper, we might think we've lost our marbles. As my Mammaw used to say, "...making us more nervous than a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs!"

TXCajun
    I love that! Using salvaged materials is much like the enduring Texas spirit! I bet it will all be fabulous. I hope you will post photos of it all. Have you watched Fixer Upper? I love that show. Joanna has such great taste and does amazing things in the homes she takes on. The product is always "Texan" to me. I like the rustic and reclaimed items she includes within the mix of more polished decor. I dream of building our own home some day back in that great state, but the Lord knows me best and is keeping me humble right now... It is easy for me to take my eyes off of my Savior and start to love the "things" he has blessed me with too much! Isaiah chapter 55... He satisfies my soul!

Viviv, I like your choices of Salvatore and author chairs! Are you getting the back quilted like that one pictures? I love the lines of that model of sofa. Well you know I like Hyde Park Earth... I thought y'all would like it too . I dont think you can go wrong with any of the hyde parks!

ViviV,

Yes, we're learning the patience factor of building a home! And, we aren't even in the building stage, yet. Just finding a GC is a bit of a trial. Builders have a hot market and they're mostly taking on ginormous house projects. Ours is waaaaaaaaaaaaay smaller than what the builders are looking for, currently. That's ok. We'll find just the right GC, eventually. We are, however, anxious to be out in the quiet. We love going out to our little piece of quiet just to sit and listen to the leaves rustling in the breeze. One day...

Originally, we thought we'd cover all the H&M pieces in the same hide and use accessories as texture and contrast. Then, we decided we wanted a different hide for the chairs and ottoman. When I read artielange's thread mentioning Hyde Park Tan, that sealed the deal. Duane mailed the samples and we saw Capri Tobacco and Hyde Park Tan (lightly burnished) are beautiful companions. Both are warm tones. Even though the Capri hand is crazy-luxurious, that Hyde Park hide also feels fabulous. (Hyde Park Brownie is another one I would love to include at some point in our little project. I really, really like it.)

I will post photos when our pieces arrive. Our chairs and ottoman might arrive mid-May. Due to a wait for more Capri Tobacco, our sofa will likely arrive sometime this June.

Y'all's sofa and chair selections are terrific! The lines are fantastic and I especially like the arms. I can't think of any way to go wrong with the Hyde Park hides. That is just my opinion, but I am a big fan of Hyde Park. Some people are not into burnishing, though. And, that's ok, too. I don't recall Hyde Park Earth, so I'll do some searching for photos.

TXCajun
    Nothing but the sound of leaves rustling in the wind is actually what I miss most about a country day... and crickets and grasshoppers on a summer day... Blackberries and wildflowers... I love to sit outside in texas at my in-laws land in the country on a nice day and watch the sun filter through the green tree canopy and listen to the wind rustle through the leaves and the birds chirp... And watch the cows on the green pasture. So peaceful. Away from all the hustle and bustle, neighbors, traffic, HOAs...

Hehe, capri, hyde park, and tiburon were all my favorites... We must all have great taste . As for hyde park earth, I posted a few photos of samples for vivi on her louis shanks ottoman thread.

Seriously, y'all are so sweet but y'all are blowing up my head with all the compliments lol!!! Thank you, though !!!!

Oh, and the movers will be arriving the third week of June. We will see our things again, (God willing that it all makes it there and does not end up on the bottm of the Pacific ocean), mid August. We will be in Hawaii for exactly two years, then back to the mainland somewhere for about 3 years... Then we would loooove a european tour...we shall see. So far we have been in 5 homes in 8 years... This next home will be our 6th! On the household goods inventory that the movers fill out with all of the box and furniture tag numbers and descriptions, there is a special section for high value items where I would have to write down this sofa and its monetary value so that if it is damaged or lost, it can be fixed or replaced... Something this expensive otherwise would not be covered under their policy. In our last move (from hawaii to florida), we had SO many things broken by careless movers. It was sickening. The moving company reimbursed us the money of the paid value of all of the broken items, but some things, like my grandmother's antique washstand that was if great sentimental value to me, cannot be replaced... They dropped and irrepairably broke both pieces of it literally right off of the truck two times in a row right in front of me. Well life goes on anyway... I cant take any of my things to heaven anyway!