Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Leather Choices and My Growing Family.

Default Re: Leather Choices and My Growing Family.

Quote Originally Posted by ViviV View Post
    Not humble at all!! Please, it's GORGEOUS!!
    Thanks! It sure does look "off" next to my big ol' oversized sofa chairs we had to drag back in here to have enough seating, though lol. Thank goodness they had not been sold, yet! It makes our rather tall entertainment console look funny too... I am drawing up plans to make a new shorter one now and then everything will look right!

And I have to say, the upholstery/tailoring is absolutely FLAWLESS. I have an appraising eye, and I can find no fault in this sofa. It's incredible how they can hammer in nails so straight too! These men and women do amazing work!

Yes Viviv, the tiburon java definitely has caramel in it! Caramel was what I first wanted too!!

Savannah,

Thanks for posting that last photo. Your sofa is absolutely beautiful. The lines are clean and handsome. The leather you chose is warm in color and looks to have a terrific hand. The whole thing looks very inviting and comfortable.

No doubt, the damage issue is a drag but will be taken care of as quickly as possible. Good thing you caught it before the delivery team left.

Again, that sofa is beautiful! I bet you touch it every time you walk by.

TXCajun

Jake8 Guest

Savannah,
    So sorry about the damage to your sectional. You must be so disappointed. The piece you kept is so gorgeous! I'm so glad to see your Tiburon Java turned out so beautiful since this is what we are getting too. Ours isn't expected to deliver until early June though. We ordered on March 5th but the Tiburon is out of stock so we'll just have to wait. How does your sofa sit? Comfortable? The York was one of the sofas we seriously considered so I am curious how it sits.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    Savannah,
    So sorry about the damage to your sectional. You must be so disappointed. The piece you kept is so gorgeous! I'm so glad to see your Tiburon Java turned out so beautiful since this is what we are getting too. Ours isn't expected to deliver until early June though. We ordered on March 5th but the Tiburon is out of stock so we'll just have to wait. How does your sofa sit? Comfortable? The York was one of the sofas we seriously considered so I am curious how it sits.
    You're going to love your tiburon java . I'm sorry yours will take so long... I have a feeling my big sectional took most of the in-stock hide. I ordered mine early in case of delays since our move is on the horizon. I hope they have a big enough piece left to replace the damaged panel on my other sofa. Yes, the York is comfortable! I initially set the back cushions on too up and down, but I readjusted them down so the would tilt just a little, and it is perfect. I could have stood for a little more fill in the back cushions to envelop my back just a bit more. The seat is nice and deep for curling up or slouching down with your head back and your feet on an ottoman (you do have to slouch down to rest your head back, but thankfully there's plenty of seat cushion for that ). I am petite, and I have a good 6" of space left when I am sitting on the sofa indian style (or tailor sitting for the politically correct... Ha.) It is not overwhelmingly deep like the pottery barn turner leather sofa, though... I sat on one in a pottery barn store before, and I had to scoot back and back!!! My 6' husband can sit on our York with feet on the floor, I believe. I enjoy colorful Amy Butler prints and have made a lot of throw pillows out of her fabrics, so I just use a few to round out the angular arm if I want to lean against it. The arm height is just right for my arm, but it is a little low for my tall husband without leaning over a little... Then again, he is used to very high 28" arms on our big, big sofa chairs which honestly look clunky and ugly next to the York. I got ultra-down seat cushion cores because I wanted them to have that puffy look and have a little bit of sink-in"ness" that just invites you over to get comfortable. My kids have already put various pressure marks on the hide, and it does not bother me at all... It just looks even better! They actually start fading by the next day anyway. I love the look of the tiburon java in color, texture, hand, sheen... It nearly took my breath away when the movers unwrapped the first piece because it was exactly what I wanted and just stunning in person large-scale. I appreciate the York's simple beauty more every day. I can hardly wait to get the other piece back and complete my sectional!!

Jake8 Guest

Thank you Savannah for your thorough review of the York. I hope we are as happy with our Martini sofas as you are with yours. We were not able to try out any H&M sofas for comfort and just went out on a limb when ordering. We needed to choose something that was affordable for us and there were only a few frames that we liked in that category. The York and the Martini were the two that we were deciding between. Savannah, how do you like the CC nails with the Tiburon Java? We struggled with that decision, to get the CC or the A, we went back and forth. Silly to stress so much about nails! Congrats on your half-a-sectional..... it's gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake8 View Post
    Thank you Savannah for your thorough review of the York. I hope we are as happy with our Martini sofas as you are with yours. We were not able to try out any H&M sofas for comfort and just went out on a limb when ordering. We needed to choose something that was affordable for us and there were only a few frames that we liked in that category. The York and the Martini were the two that we were deciding between. Savannah, how do you like the CC nails with the Tiburon Java? We struggled with that decision, to get the CC or the A, we went back and forth. Silly to stress so much about nails! Congrats on your half-a-sectional..... it's gorgeous!

I really love the CC nails on the tiburon java. They are just right. They pop just enough but aren't too flashy!

I know what you mean. I was really nervous about the comfort too... I have a few furniture stores that carry some hancock and moore within 50 miles of me, but it was just too much trouble to bother driving there with my three littles. None had the york anyway. We are used to our more broken down seats in our more flexible microfiber fabric pieces, so the seating a little more firm compared to that, but not overly so, and I like it better that way anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    I really love the CC nails on the tiburon java. They are just right. They pop just enough but aren't too flashy!

I know what you mean. I was really nervous about the comfort too... I have a few furniture stores that carry some hancock and moore within 50 miles of me, but it was just too much trouble to bother driving there with my three littles. None had the york anyway. We are used to our more broken down seats in our more flexible microfiber fabric pieces, so the seating a little more firm compared to that, but not overly so, and I like it better that way anyway.
    I chose the CC nails in my quote for the Parisian sofa based off of the pics on H&M's website, but after seeing they're silver toned & pretty shiny too, I'm reconsidering going with the standard nail trim. But, you say they don't clash with the darkness of Tiburon Java? Hmm, I've seen better, up close pics of them & I think I'd still prefer an aged brass nail instead. At least with the Parisian, since I would be going with a warm light brown/camel color in Sonoma suede on it.

Interesting points to keep in mind tho...& geez, the more pics I see of all the other leathers, wood finishes & nail heads, the more I begin to doubt my initial choices! Lol, there are too many options! 1st world problems, for sure!

Andrea

And thank you, jake8 . Half a sectional... Yep lol! Funny how we do deliberate for hours and hours over nail and wood finishes. In the end it really does not even matter THAT much because you arent going to have your expensive sofa sitting in bright sunlight to examine and critique the differences in nail, hide, and wood color. I ended up having to keep the dark oak finish I originally selected, and I love it! It's a warm chocolate. I cant wit to see how your wood turns out! I'm so glad I wa able to help!

Andrea, nail selection is 100% your own taste and opinion for your piece with how much you want it to pop... I don't believe a nail can clash! I *personally* like the CC carpenter nail with the java leather because I dont think any other nail would have shown up much, other than the more outspoken ones such as the brassy one or the really shiny nickel nail. I wasn't paying extra money to add nails to accentuate my piece for them not to even be noticeable. CC is not very shiny. It is pretty dull with a little shine. Just get whatever you like.

Savannah,

From what I recall when I had Duane's nail board, your description of CC is spot-on. (As always, you are very adept at articulating what you see! ...just as you did with the wood finish samples and the leathers.) And, I see from your photos that you met your goal, exactly. The bonus for you, and what I really appreciate in your end result, is that your sofa is going to be incredibly versatile. It will make friends and play nicely with just about any look you plop it in...traditional, transitional, eclectic, boho, industrial, and on and on and on. Seriously, girl, you made great choices!

I can only hope I did as well with my own selections!

TXCajun