Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Leather Choices and My Growing Family.

ViviV Guest

Default Re: Leather Choices and My Growing Family.

Hi Savannah and Jake,
    I haven't seen the Tiburon in person. I did order the Tiburon mink sample and can't wait to see it. I'm sure I saw a pic of Tiburon Java on the pictures section of the forum. If I find it again ill send you a link.

Savannah, I have been a pest to Duane asking a thousand and one questions and exploring how to get what we want out of a sectional. I'm pretty set on the Lacross. I'm waiting for leather samples and for some prices on how much it would cost to change the Lacross' legs and remove tuffing buttons from the front of the pieces. At minimum the legs have to be changed. I'd like simple legs. It's already got enough going on. But I have to tell you that I'm secretly hoping that your York sectional arrives extra fast so I can see how it looks with nails, etc. LOL!!

Jake, here is Tiburon java Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	189.7 KB 
ID:	8199
    http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...ir-and-leather

Haha viviv, I know right!? I think it will be May before I get it, though!!

I just realized I never ordered a mink sample!

And now I am wondering if I missed a gem and made the wrong choice! Pretty sure it is TOO late, but I need to see mink lol.

Found mink. It is on the cushions and gimp. My favorite way to search is not actuallywith the toolbar on here, it is with google. Put in your search term in your google search, then space, then site:www.myfurnitureforum.com.
    For example put in: tiburon mink site:www.myfurnitureforum.com

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	353 
Size:	186.6 KB 
ID:	8200

Jake8 Guest

Oh thank you Savannah! Don't worry, you didn't make the wrong choice. Java is stunning! What nails and wood did you use with it? I could see a rustic nail. But then again, silver nails would give it a cool look too. Mink..... Java...... Mink....... Java...... must decide.... time's a'wastin!

Whew can you tell I am nervous lol!?!

I was sooo torn in my nail selection. What I REALLY wanted was the lone star or el paso nail spaced along the bottom, but budget wouldnt permit that . I ended up going with the dull silver nail, carpenter's CC, though I leaned ttowards wanting S nails for a more rustic look...

For the wood I chose dark oak just because I think it goes best with our wood furniture. I considered walnut too.

Pics of my tiburon java sample

Views:	311 
Size:	196.1 KB 
ID:	8208

Trying to upload a better one from outside, but it isn't working. Maybe later...
    Last edited by Savannah; 02-24-2016 at 12:51 PM.

ViviV Guest

Hi there! Thanks for the searching tip Savannah! That's going to save some time!! I love both of the Tiburon colors. Java is luxurious!! However I'm leaning towards lighter tones and away from orange and red undertones. I'm not sure where I'll end up but I can tell you my favorite leather so far is Weston Sand ..... But I've seen it on screen only! :S so we know what that means..... Nothing! I'm anxious for my first samples to arrive. I check the mailbox daily with as much anxiety as the kids have on Christmas morning!!! So silly!!

BTW, have any of you seen any sectional pictures in the forum that show an H&M sectional in light leather color?
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-24-2016 at 03:35 PM.

I'm sorry, I haven't, other than the photo of the sundance sectional in Weston sand that you already saw. I did see one other picture of Weston sand on another piece when I did my google trick. It looks very nice. Weston has an almost velvety type touch to it; I think you will love it. A lighter neutral leather such as a taupe like Weston sand would be pretty on your sectional. You really can't go wrong whether going light of dark, though since all the full grain aniline hides they offer are so pretty and are 1000x nicer than you would ever see in a big box furniture store... unless you get something maybe a little too bright or wild that you might not love so much down the road . With a sectional I think neutral is good!

Finally got my other photo up of Tiburon Java, Jake8! Apparently the file was too large.

Name:	TIBURON JAVA.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	195.9 KB 
ID:	8209