This forum is invaluable, but it's so addicting that we've got to finalize choices. Thanks so much!

Like many people, I started researching "good" leather furniture because our Costco leather sofas currently in the family room gave out after a couple of years and give us back aches. We have some German Himola sofas downstairs that wore out after 30 years, so that's a better track record, but disappointing for the reason. The cheap sinuous coil springs make the cheap Costco sofas unusable, whereas the Himola sofas are still comfortable, but the leather literally wore through and ripped.

I started looking at photos on the forum and tried to sell my wife on getting two Sundance sofas. The backs are so cool, and they're part of the Town & Country program in Portfolio Claret that would work for our room. Then, we got a chance to sit in some sofas and the new Westwood sofa won out over all others for comfort and style.
We saw a post by prosdds on his Evening Sofa and Robinson Ottoman in Equestrian Merlot and Ebony and realized that we had a lot of design choices too. I also started reading about protected vs. unprotected and am losing my mind. Then, the difference between what you see in the samples vs. what some variations can end up being. OMG. Then with two active dogs - they're worse than our teenage boys ... for the furniture.

OK, so I'll cut to the point of the post.
After reading comments in some posts on 'over-furnituring' a room, I realized that we really shouldn't fit two big Westwood sofas (92"x49") in our room in an "L" placement. I taped string outlines to the floor and the 2nd sofa on the right side eats up too much room. The room is 17'3" wide x 16'3" deep to the back string on the floor of the following pix. I moved a rug from another room because it's the pattern that will go in here after we conclude this order. This one in the pic is 6x9, but this room will get a 9x12 or preferably a 10x14.

Now, we're homing in on doing one 6215-3 Westwood Sofa with a 079 Robinson Tufted Cocktail Ottoman (opposite the TV), and then a 5543+5542 Yellowstone Chair & Ottoman where the loveseat is currently (right side). We're going to keep the fabric chair and a half on the left side. We're currently leaning to using GR3 Tiburon Cognac on both new pieces with welt and gimp on the sofa in Tiburon Java. I'm not sure if the Yellowstone chair should get the contrasting welt, but I think it would tie the two somewhat different pieces together. I'd appreciate feedback on that choice. All of the metal trim in our home is Nickel or Stainless, so I've been leaning strongly toward old Silver Adobe nails (we're in Colorado), but would like some feedback on this too for this color combo. We're also going to spec no welt on the seat cushions, but leave it elsewhere.

Duane - can you tell what leather is on the stock photo of the Yellowstone chair on the HM site? I think it looks close to Tiburon Cognac that we're thinking of.

Maybe this next point is small, but I think it may bug me well into the future. The legs are close, but different. I understand there's probably going to be an up-charge, but I need to ask Duane how much to change the legs on the Westwood to the Yellowstone style. Of the two, I like the Yellowstone legs better. Plus, I don't want three leg styles with the Robinson legs, which I expect are more difficult to change since they terminate into a wood frame above. Ideally, they'd all be the same, though.

Lastly, I really need suggestions for the wood trim color. Our family room is adjacent to our kitchen with light-ish Cherry cabinets, though right now we've got oak mission style tables in the family room. I was thinking Light or Medium Cherry when we were looking at Equestrian Merlot with less exposed wood, but I don't know now. The Yellowstone arms and Robinson ottoman base have a lot of wood exposed, so this is important.

Thanks to everyone on this forum and esp. to Duane for hosting it with honest and frank advice.
Cheers.

BTW, the dog beds are for two good sized (~50#), active Aussies. They definitely jump on the furniture to sit with their people.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03051s.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	8206Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03050s.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	8205Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03045s.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	110.8 KB