Thread: Taupe leather question

ViviV Guest

Default Taupe leather question

Hi there!

As I impatiently await the arrival of my leathers samples and continue to read the never ending wealth of information found in this forum, I was wondering if anyone out there can recommend an UNPROTECTED leather(s) in GR3 max (that's most we can afford) in a taupe or "mushroom" color such as the leather in this picture:

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...-in-Ryan-Taupe

This is THE perfect color for my living room but this leather is discontinued. I've ordered samples from Duane in a couple leathers that might come close to the tone -if not necessarily as light or dark- but in the same "color family" if you will. I ordered Bari Taupe and Weston Sand. I don't think I ordered Pecos Topo but the more I look at it seems to be in that color family as well.

Can anyone recommend any other leathers (max gr3) that I should look at besides Weston Sand and Bari Taupe in a max GR3?

I realize most people don't order / choose this color of leather for their sofas (we're buying a sectional!) but maybe someone out there has or maybe someone has input, recommendations or photos they can share?

Much obliged ,
    Viviv
    Last edited by ViviV; 02-25-2016 at 12:58 PM.

sstarrx2 Guest

Default Re: Taupe leather question

Well...just looking at PICS I would say Sonoma Pewter would be somewhat close, but without seeing it on a piece it is hard to tell. That is a class 3 unprotected.

MattK Guest

i know this might not be helpful but i believe Duane created a video of recently added leathers(2015) and commented on a new GR3 you might like. I would link it if i had more time

ViviV Guest

Thanks for the feedback. Isn't Sonoma a suede? If it isn't I like a couple of colors from that line. I will look for that video....thanks so much!!

Yes, Sonoma and Nubucks are suedes and I would suggest you avoid using them on seating surfaces as you can't 'slide' on them. You may not think that relevant until you actually sit on one and try to move around!

Look at this hide for a good Taupe. It's Hutton Putty and a GR 1. Pretty nice leather for an entry level. (this chair is in my store)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6191_1056307391056840_2169425937596261035_n.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	8210Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12418031_1056307394390173_1822392136400506881_n.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	8211

There is also Cameo Stone Burnished (GR 3) that I think is fantastic, and even more handsome than the Ryan Taupe.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

MattK Guest

Cameo Stone Burnished- that was it, i searched for the video but still have not come across it, maybe i was dreaming!