Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an Upright Leather Recliner

The18thLetter27 Guest

Default Looking for an Upright Leather Recliner

I am in the market for a mid to high end leather recliner. My main complaint about most of the recliners that I have looked at, is that when in the down/closed position, I do not like to feel like I am leaning way back. I like to sit upright when in the down/closed position. Can someone point me in the right direction for a few different models to look at, that are more upright in the closed position?

Default Re: Looking for an Upright Leather Recliner

You will have to try them all out in person with that criteria, even within a specific maker the back pitch angles vary from maker to maker. Personally, I find the Hancock and Moore Manning:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/New-P...nning-Recliner

and the Bradington Young Huss:

http://www.bradington-young.com/brad...formation.aspx

both more upright, and very good seating positions when both open and closed.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The18thLetter27 Guest

drcollie, thank you for the 2 recommendations. I think the Manning is a little more modern looking than I am really interested in. I like the more traditional look of the Huss, more so than the modern look of the Manning. I can't really decide if I want a tufted back or more of the puffy cushion look of the Huss. The more I look, I think I am leaning toward the tufted models. Like you said above, I really need to get into the store and try some out.

Is the Bradington Young Huss something that you normally keep in stock? I travel the south side of the DC beltway everyday during the week, so your shop is really close for me. I will have to stop in one day in the near future and see what you have, that I may like.

I currently have the B-Y Huss lounger on the floor to try out. Also another dozen or so leather recliners.
    Duane Collie

The18thLetter27 Guest

Sounds good. What are your hours during the week and is there a weekday that is better than others?

Open Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., closed Sundays and Mondays. I usually step out at lunchtime and close for 30 minutes.
    Duane Collie

The18thLetter27 Guest

Perfect. I will make time in the next few weeks to stop by and possibly buy myself a Christmas present.

I am not sure what direction we are going in here at the house, but I might also be interested in a sleeper sofa. From my understanding, there really isn't a great bedding option in a sleeper sofa, but can you recommend which brand I might look at, that would have the best bedding options?

Realistically, most all sleeper sofas are the same in better, USA-Made brands. They all use Leggitt and Platt mechanisms, and the standard mattress is junk, upgrade to an Air Dream unit (which you inflate with an included compressor). Not that much difference in the units, they are all frames built around that drop in mechanism.

Now, Taylor King has gone WAY out and made something brand new - and if I were buying a sleeper, this is what I would get. Two downsides. 1) Cost - its expensive and will run $ 4K plus in basic fabrics 2) It's heavy as lead. However, it blows everything else away in both operation and comfort.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...uy-Taylor-King

I don't floor Sleepers in my store. Demand for them is low and they sit on the showroom floor for years.
    Duane Collie

The18thLetter27 Guest

That looks like a great sleeper option. Do you know of any dealers in the area that may have one of these? I am going to have a really hard time buying something that expensive without being able to try it out.

I don't know of a way to find out who has one short of calling individual stores. I did order one for stock but cancelled it, figured the market for a $4k sleeper is too rare. Seems most Sleeper buyers want inexpensive units.
    Duane Collie