Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Wood finishes

Default Re: Wood finishes

Changed my mind again. Between mesa and oiled mahogany, I do believe I like mesa more , though they're both lovely. I like the brighter tones of Mesa and its glossier finish. Dark oak is so pretty too! Sigh.
    Last edited by Savannah; 03-05-2016 at 09:46 PM.

MattK Guest

Another vote for Provence

Nail heads i like..

L-Natural
    T-Etruscan - no idea the uptick for these but they are my fav

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    In this arena, my house is divided. My husband is a one-and-done. I am very much a ponderer.

That's because men are hunters - women are gatherers. Been like that for centuries.

Men see something - pull out their bow and arrow and shoot it. Kill it.
    Women gather a little here, go over to another place and gather some more, then even another place and gather-gather.

I see it all the time in the store. The 21st Century version of it goes something like this....

Man: "That chair feels good - get it - that one is fine." (the one shot kill)
    Woman: "Let's look through all 535 leather samples, what color do you think will go best? I may need to take some samples home." (gathering information)

So true .

Savannah,

From what I'm seeing in your photos, I too have a slight preference for Mesa. Oiled Mahogany and Dark Oak are equally handsome, but it seems like Mesa especially compliments your leather. It is hard making a decision, partly because all of your considerations are terrific. Again, you could put them in a sack, shake, pull one out, declare it the winner, and you most likely would be thrilled with the end result.

TXCajun

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Changed my mind again. Between mesa and oiled mahogany, I do believe I like mesa more , though they're both lovely. I like the brighter tones of Mesa and its glossier finish. Dark oak is so pretty too! Sigh.

If you want to change any wood finishes on your order, you MUST send an email to keepingroom@gmail.com, with your name and preferably your order number in the upper right hand corner. I cannot change a wood finish on an order based on forum conversations.

Finishes go on pretty early on in the build sequence, so if you wait too long - it can't be changed.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jake8 Guest

I got my change in, officially! Thanks to Savannah for the pictures, I changed from the Antique Oak to Province. I do think I also prefer the Mesa for you Savannah. I think it will be interesting to see yours and mine furniture when complete. We both picked Tiburon Java, but both are very different.

Ohh I think you're going to love it , jake8.

I agree, Mesa compliments Tiburon Java nicely! I am going to see if it can be changed to that if it is not too late, otherwise it will be my original selection, dark oak, which I think will still look good but will contrast more. Tiburon Java is a very warm rich honey brown in certain lighting and angles that I love, especially when color bursting, that looks beautiful with the warm Mesa wood finish. Sometimes Tiburon Java reflects blue which can make it look more burgundy than it really is... It's then that I think oiled mahogany looks good with it. Mesa is prettyyyyy .

ViviV Guest

Jake8, do you still have nail samples up for grabs? I'd love to see them.

Wood samples are available just like leather samples, you can order them free of charge (limited number).
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ViviV Guest

Thanks Duane! I think I have the wood down. I'm going to follow advice you offered someone else (and I paraphrase here) "That's easy: Mesa looks good with most everything". I just can't seem to choose a leather color (stuck between Cameo Carmel and Cameo Mocha.....I know , opposites) :`-(, I need a fabric with some design, I dislike the chair that "goes" with the sofa we've selected (Salvatore) but husband says we must have the set, etc., etc., etc. SO since Jake8 was offering the NAIL samples she had received a few weeks back, I thought I'd further confuse myself by looking at the nails.
    Last edited by ViviV; 03-28-2016 at 12:12 PM.