Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hanock and Moore #3032 Austin Wall Hugger in Aspen Tobacco DD Nail Trim

sstarrx2 Guest

Default Hanock and Moore #3032 Austin Wall Hugger in Aspen Tobacco DD Nail Trim

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160304_112943149-compressed.jpg 
Views:	1003 
Size:	188.3 KB 
ID:	8233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160304_112923400-compressed.jpg 
Views:	1242 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	8234
    Last edited by sstarrx2; 03-04-2016 at 01:46 PM.

sstarrx2 Guest

Default Re: Hanock and Moore #3032 Austin Wall Hugger in Aspen Tobacco

My Austin Wall Hugger was delivered today!! Exactly 30 days from the time the order was placed. First impressions...SMALL!! I knew it was smaller than the Flexsteel Triton it was replacing, but it really has a much smaller footprint. The ASPEN leather is much nicer that I really was expecting. It is very similar to the Semi Aniline leather that was on my Triton. It is very soft to the touch and does not look fake. I am glad I changed my order from Document now that I have seen the difference in the two. You really do get what you pay for. The leather is stretched so tight on the Austin compared to when I got the Triton new. The mechanism is much smoother and easier to use. My 5'3 wife can actually sit in the chair upright without her neck hurting. Sitting upright, back firmly against the back my feet touch the floor, I am 6 feet tall. Much more comfortable sit in the upright position than my Triton and full recline is heaven. Very happy with my purchase!!

sstarrx2 Guest

After having my new recliner for a few days I thought I would offer some more feedback. I am getting use to the smallness. The chair is very comfortable and I have already had a good nap in it over the weekend. I bought this chair without ever having set in it or having seen it in person. I only have two things about it, that bug me a little, but I will get use to it. Like I said it is small. When I am fully reclined my feet hang over about 1 quarter up my calf. I am 6 feet tall. My previous recliner my feet did not hang over at all, but it was a huge recliner. The second thing that bugs me is the base is clearly visible from the front of the chair, when the chair is not reclined. Right now the chair is on carpet, but if we ever move into a house with hardwood floors or put hardwoods in our current home, the pad I would have to place the chair on would be visible too. If I had been able to see one of these chairs in the store I probably would have noticed this right away and may have decided on another model. I love the style of this chair, its very attractive. It would be nice if they could figure out a way to build the same chair without the base being visible.

We have the Royal High-Leg Recliner and feel it is quite large vs. any Recliners we have ever had. The funny thing is... The inside width and the inside depth are both only 1/2 inch larger than your chair. In looking at the photos of your chair (that you posted & on the Hancock and Moore web site) you can't see the base with regard to your comments. I can't see that the base showing would be unlike any of our Recliners (from various manufacturers) and have to say that doesn't detract from the appearance / style in my mind. I don't know about the Austin Wall-Hugger specifically, but it looks like it may not have that extra piece that swings out from under the foot / leg pad that many Recliners have. This may be why you feel your's is short when reclining. Our Royal High-Leg Recliner reaches my ankle when fully or partially reclined. Bottom line, your chair looks wonderful and I have read many posts complimenting the overall comfort of the Austin. Hope you find over time you are very pleased with your choice.

sstarrx2 Guest

Thanks wisejd! The PICS I took are up close and me standing up over it so the base does not show in them. If you walk into the room you can see the base easily as the bottom edge of the foot of the chair is not real close to the floor. Actually the inside dimensions of the Triton recliner this is replacing was not much bigger than the Austin. What made is much bigger is the back height and the width. The arms on the Triton are very wide like pillows almost. Made the recliner feel and look really big. The foot lower edge was much closer to the floor so you cannot see the base. When reclined the Triton is much longer, so my feet did not hang over. I am pleased with my choice overall, just some changes to get use to like anything. If I wanted the same recliner I could have bought one for half the price. Hancock N Moore just does not make a traditional recliner without feet that is that big though. I just wanted to give some feedback to other folks that may be looking at this recliner without having actually seen it in person.

Does your wife sit and recline comfortably in the Austin?
    I am the same height and considering this same chair.

sstarrx2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spicydago View Post
    Does your wife sit and recline comfortably in the Austin?
    I am the same height and considering this same chair.
    Yes, my wife and girls love the chair...hence they are asleep in it often...lol. Its easy to recline and little more difficult to fold back up when they get out...but not overly so. After 9 months of ownership I can say I am very pleased with it, as it gets heavy use.

Quote Originally Posted by sstarrx2 View Post
    Yes, my wife and girls love the chair...hence they are asleep in it often...lol. Its easy to recline and little more difficult to fold back up when they get out...but not overly so. After 9 months of ownership I can say I am very pleased with it, as it gets heavy use.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. Do you have the power or manual model?

sstarrx2 Guest

We have the manual...power would be nice...less wear and tear on the mechanism... but it comes with a price tag!

Could you please post a photo of the chair so we can see the bottom mechanism showing.
    I am interested in this chair, but like you, have not seen in a store. Photos from forum members help in the decision process. Thanks.