Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

ViviV Guest

Default Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

Hi there,

A few weeks ago, I went to visit my local L. Shankss store to see H&M sofas for myself (had never seen any in person). I took a bunch of pictures not really knowing much nor what was what. Fast forward 3 weeks and after obsessing about leather colors with my H&M samples on hand, I went back to look at the pictures on my phone. And I found this one. My husband looked at it over my shoulder and really liked the leather color. But I'm not sure what leather this is made up in or if it's even an H&M piece.

Here's the picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	8246

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	8247

Does anybody know if it's an H&M ottoman and what leather this is? If it's not H&M, is there a H&M gr3 pull up NOT burnished leather that looks like this color? It's deep rich caramel pull up.

Thanks,
    Viviv

Sebec Guest

Default Re: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

Since you have a picture of the tag, you can just ask a Louis Shanks sales associate and they can look it up and tell you.

You said you're not sure what leather it's made up in, but it's written in the tag in your photo. If you search HM's leather list from their website, you can see if it is one they have.

I doubt it's a Hancock and Moore though. You can see stitching along the tufting lines.

Default Re: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

Good eyes, Sebec. Hancock and would never sew a seam on the 'diamonds' - you are absolutely correct. Also the buttons are not deep and I can see one off-angle. I don't know what that ottoman is, but it's not up to Hancock and Moore, or even Bradington Young build standards.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

ViviV Guest

Duane, thank you for kindly looking at it.
    Last edited by ViviV; 03-07-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Jake8 Guest

It is a good color ViviV, I can see why your husband was drawn to it. I'm sure there is an H&M leather similar. From my vast collection of samples it looks a lot like Equestrian Saddle, Caress Coffee (ohhh that sounds nice!), and Prairie Caramel. I'm thinking there are surely others. Duane.... what say you?

ViviV Guest

Hi Jake8,
    Thanks for the input! I am waiting on a sample batch that includes Prairie and I can't wait to see it. This color (in the picture) is a nice compromise between the light tans I like and the dark browns husband likes ;> I think that's why, in the midst of that discussion we were having last night, I pulled the phone out to see what pictures I'd taken at Shankss almost a month ago and this one caught our attention. It's almost the color of Hershey's caramel syrup!

ViviV Guest

Oh, my sample of Mesquite Saddle not burnished looks a lot like it too!

Duane, where does Mesquite Saddle come from? Without burnishing, is it considered a pull up?
    Do you like it without burnishing on big pieces like the Lacross sectional we like? Or do you think that sectional would make out better in Hyde Park Tan Burnished ? As of now, we're stuck on those two. :S Your personal opinion is valuable to us.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ViviV; 03-06-2016 at 09:46 PM.

Viviv, I have a Hyde Park Earth sample that looks very similar to that. It may be a bit more golden. You mentioned Hyde Park tan, but do you have the Earth?
    Hyde Park Earth:

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	8248 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4381.jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	206.0 KB 
ID:	8249
    Last edited by Savannah; 03-07-2016 at 09:02 AM.

Oh I think I found a match!!!!! Tuscany Saddle is a beautiful caramel that is on the brown side like that ottoman you posted instead of on the yellowish side. It looks like such a luxurious pull up in the saddle colorway!!!
    Tuscany Saddle:

Name:	IMG_4409.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	212.7 KB 
ID:	8250

Name:	IMG_4413.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	205.7 KB 
ID:	8251

Tuscany Saddle, top. Hyde Park Earth, bottom. Tuscany Saddle is more a more caramel color IRL like the above photos and not quite that dark. You can see how the Hyde Park Earth looks more yellow in comparison to the Tuscany Saddle, though.

Name:	IMG_4411-2.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	8254
    Last edited by Savannah; 03-07-2016 at 09:38 AM.

ViviV Guest

Morning! Coffee cup in hand, stayed home from work with my sick 7 yr old who's still snoring, so here I am!

Savannah, as my kids would say: "You rock"! Thanks so much for the pictures! I don't have these samples. They are, however, in the second batch of samples I requested!! And I agree, the Tuscany saddle is closer to the caramel colored leather of the ottoman I photographed at Shankss. If I didn't live so far away from that store, I'd have run in there again -now that I know what to look for- and just spend my time in the samples corner!! I'm closer to Willis on I45 though so it's a treck for me to get to the Galleria area where they're at. And I don't want to shop them and then buy from Duane. Not cool. I've been there one time only to check out what all the hype about H&M was about. I didn't (and apparently still don't ;>) know much about what I was looking at so my visit rendered very few pictures that could help me now.

Anyway, I love that you took the pictures outside (thanks so much!) and when I get the samples -probably by the end of the week since I asked Duane for them on Friday- I will definitely begin the comparison. Your help is SO appreciated!!! BTW, I asked for Tiburon Java too after reading yours and Jake8's posts! I figured it couldn't hurt since hubby so wants darker leather. My only issue is making the living room seem smaller by putting in this huge, dark sectional in there. My living room is not open nor airy and the light palette in there is on purpose, to keep it from feeling and looking like a cave! But we'll see!

Can't wait to see Tuscany Saddle!! Thanks so much!! :0)
    Last edited by ViviV; 03-07-2016 at 10:20 AM.