Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

Jake8 Guest

Default Re: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

I wouldn't do a sectional either. How about Emilio? It is 83 inside. I sort of like it. I think it's a T&C item too.
    http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...as/Emilio-Sofa

Default Re: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

I'm going to be the oddball and say I think a sectional would still work and would actually make the room feel less crowded by reducing the clutter of several pieces of furniture. I totally get wanting to lounge together with your children! I honestly would get rid of the entertainment system too... It will really open up the entrance of your room if you got a sectional... Downsize to a piece the size of a low dresser to house electronic neccessities if necessary. If those vhs' are important, take them to someone who can be convert them to dvd, then take dvds and put them in a case logic notebook to save yourself a ton of space. This is what I am thinking- the York sectional would take up less space in your room. You can get the nc203 loveseat corner piece plus the nc303 sofa piece which would come to 98x124 or nc203 loveseat corner plus nc203 loveseat piece which would come to 98x108. For some reason I did not even realize that there were York sectional loveseat pieces or I would have done a sofa-loveseat sectional (I did the sofa-sofa pieces)! Or the Arrington sectional is a little smaller at 92x 118, but it is also less deep. Or for an even shorter end, the Campaign has a short arm option of only 68" (and 116 long); it isnt as deep either, though.
    Last edited by Savannah; 03-09-2016 at 09:19 AM.

ViviV Guest

Hey guys! Thanks for the advice! I'm confused. I dread buying furniture.

The ONE THING I KNOW FOR SURE is that we are not removing the darned entertainment center (tried to argue this again last night). So if I want to buy new sofas, I have work around it. It is what it is. So HELP me work around it please

Duane - I like the Reunion sofa although it's style is a bit different than anything I've seen before. Not bad, just different. Is it western?? I like that it's wide (83") and deep (23"). Do you know how it sits? It has no matching pieces and all the "chair and halfs" I can find don't complement the Reunion. If we went this route, I'd go with 2 chairs of thinner proportion, maybe the Angle or Expedition?? All these pieces are styled very uniquely....

Jake8- the Emilio Sofa is one of my top pics....but it's not as deep as I'd like it at D21.5". I do love it's lines and it has visual presence, meaning its tall and hefty, which I like. BTW, here's a pic of the Emilio chair that I took during that one before mentioned trip to LShankss. It caught my attention even if I didn't know what it was ;> so I took a pic of it:

(Oops look at next post, pictures didn't upload)

Savannah, I agree on the "cuddling" factor of the sectional. I've wanted a sectional every time we've bought sofas (2 times) and it never works out. In this case, sadly, I discovered that the room opens up so much when the L return is removed. The issues I have with the H&M sectionals being considered are their depth and that if they are short on the one side they are also not wide enough for the long wall and end up looking skewed to one side of the room (like the Lacross was going to be). Thanks for weighing in though; you know exactly why I wanted a sectional!!

So here are my top pics, please y'all tell me your favorite sofa & 2 chairs combos, or send me a new combo that you think would work better.
    Duane, I bet you've seen/arranged/recommended a million of these. Please weigh in! Please lend me your expertise and decorator skills!:

Option #1
    H&M Emilio sofa 5712-3 (Overall: H 37.5" W 98" D 44", Inside: W 83" D 21.5")
    H&M Emilio chairs (2 of these) 5712-1 (H37.75, W Outside 40.75" Inside Depth 21.25)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5712-3EmilioHM.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	8276

Name:	57121EmilioHM.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	114.3 KB 
ID:	8277

Option #2
    Taylor King's Talulah Sofa 1037-03 (Overall: H39" W 102.5" D 40.5", Inside: D 22" W 91") THIS IS ALMOST AS WIDE AS THE SUNDANCE! But much cleaner lines. Would do in it in fabric. So wish H&M had something like it in these measurements
    H&M 1049 Luxe Recliners (2 of these) (Overall: H 41", W 30", D 39.5", Inside: W 23", D 21.5")

Name:	talulahsofaTK.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	8274

Name:	1049LuxeHM.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	8275

Option #3

H&M 6154-3 Reunion Sofa (Overall: H 36.25", W 101.5", D 43.5", Inside: W 81.5", D 23")
    H&M 4794 Ashmore Chair (2 of these) (Overall: H 34.5", W 32", D 39.5", Inside: W 19.5", D 22")

Name:	6154-3ReunionHM.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	146.3 KB 
ID:	8278

Any opinions? Any suggestions?
    Minimum sofa dimensions I'd like: inside Width 80", Depth 21.5"
    Last edited by ViviV; 03-09-2016 at 02:52 PM.

ViviV Guest

Jake8,
    Here are the Pics of the Emilio chair I took:

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	8281

Name:	image2.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	188.5 KB 
ID:	8282

It's nice and hefty. Not too deep but still nice!
    I'm not versed in the T&C program except that it sets the leather that can be used.

Duane, what leathers can the Emilio line be made up in T&C program?

Thanks!
    Viviv
    Last edited by ViviV; 03-09-2016 at 03:27 PM.

ViviV Guest

Never mind Duane. I just found the T&C sheets for 2015-16. Wow! Lots of the stuff I just listed is there!
    One question... Some of the leathers that I'm considering are in cutouts at the bottom indicating that that is the leather in the program, right? So are they all married leathers? For example: I saw Hyde Tan, Earth and Brownie as well as Tiburon and Cameo leathers. I thought these were Italian or from other countries. I'm confused but I'm probably the 1millionth person that has asked for clarification on that so I'll just keep reading.

I'm amazed I never looked at the T&C. Oh yeah, the Lacross is not in it probably. And I was focused on that only.
    Got some reading to do.

Would still love to hear opinions on your favorite sofa / chair combos
    Last edited by ViviV; 03-09-2016 at 05:11 PM.

Town and Country is a Sales Promo program that has a range of leathers in it, some are married cover, some are not.

Anything that is normally a GR 1 or GR 2 leather is a married cover.

Any piece in the T&C group that is done in GR 3 or above is not. Those are all cut and sewn on site at H&M in Hickory NC.

All the available program leathers in T&C are in the inset photos that you can see here, I have it all scanned in. The # 5712-3 sofa is Guacho Mocha Burnished.

http://www.myfurnitureforum.com/show...tional-Program
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

The Reunion sofa sits great - if you like a large sofa. You would want the model without the shelf on the back. So, looking at your room photos, and assuming I would NOT have to consult my wife on the decor, I would use that Reunion sofa and then the new Angle Chair with the cool trim leather as one or two chairs, perhaps with a small boot stool as well. But that's just me....

You have to like the form factor! Both are Alan Price designs, and Alan is my favorite designer at H&M. Plus he rides a motorcycle

Name:	12484606_1059594194061493_5507502045056062072_o.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	8283Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12523130_1059592480728331_5382641167290789850_n.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	8284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_2164_zps166b5924.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	8285
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Jake8 Guest

ViviV,
    I really like that Emilio chair! Wonder what leather that is? I think it looks better in that leather than it does in whatever it's made up in on the H&M website. On the website, it looks like it's done in a burnished leather and I don't really care for burnished leather. We considered the Emilio sofa but it's a bit too long for us. Emilio in Tiburon Mink would be stunning.
    I am not a fan at all of the Reunion sofa! It seems so..... I don't know..... beastly.
    I love the Luxe recliner so my vote would be for option #2.

ViviV Guest

Morning everyone!

Well, last night turned out to be an interesting one for us. We got into one of those discussions where husband and wife get into it and lose track of how loud they're speaking..... Y'all know what I'm talking about! I guess our volume got so loud that we caused our 16 year-old son to come into the room to see what was going on. He looked at us and asked "what's going on guys?" And he looked around the room and saw all the furniture shoved all over the place. We looked up at him with startled eyes like children who were misbehaving and got caught! We said "were just discussing sofas!" To which he rolled his eyes, and said "whatever, just keep it down, I'm trying to study!" :0

Btw, Duane I've sent you a request in quotes. Thanks!

Haha! Were you trying to talk him out of the entertainment center again? Lol