Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

ViviV Guest

Default Re: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

How did you guess?? ;>

On many issues, I know I am going to loose the argument. But I am not going down without a fight!

Default Re: Is this Shankss ottoman an H&M ottoman? If so, what leather is made up in?

ViviV, you could "open up" your space exponentially by repainting the walls in a much lighter color a shade or 2 darker than your crown molding. I'd also consider painting over your exposed brick fireplace in same color as the updated wall paint.
    I'm studying to be a designer & having such a dark wall color paired with the carpet AND the brick fireplace is your main reason for it feeling not very open & light.

If replacing your carpet with similar stone flooring you seem to have in the hallway is not an option right now, laying down a natural fiber rug such as a sisal or seagrass in a size 1'-2' smaller than the room's dimensions would also lighten up the room & bring you that desired "open, airy & light" effect even with keeping the entertainment center in the room.

Hope I'm not coming off as giving unsolicited advice, just felt I'd chime in & offer some shortcuts/work arounds for you based on your stated concerns.

Where in the north Houston area are y'all? You said close to Willis? Small world; I'm just a hop, skip & jump south of y'all in The Woodlands

Ooh, & I think it was a bad move on Shanks's part to leave their former location on 1960. With Exxon Mobil having relocated their new world hq just south of The Woodlands & our speed of light growth all around this area in the past few years, Shanks would've been really making a better longer-term decision in moving up here. The Woodlands is growing so fast, & the ppl here are their target demo, no question bout that!
    Last edited by Asomer; 03-31-2016 at 02:08 AM.

ViviV Guest

Asomer,
    I 100% agree on Shanks's move away from this area being a mistake. I soooo wish they wouldn't have closed that store on 1960. It takes work to convince my husband to drive me all the way to them now. With traffic, it's over an hour drive from here!! If they hadn't moved, my life would be much easier since I could go see the H&M leathers and be back home in a jiffy! Ha, Ha, ha!! Just kidding!! ;> BTW, thanks on the tips for making my living room feel bigger. Painting will happen but no time soon since the house is all of 1.5 years old. My husband would ignore my petitions right now! But your ideas are great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ViviV View Post
    Asomer,
    I 100% agree on Shanks's move away from this area being a mistake. I soooo wish they wouldn't have closed that store on 1960. It takes work to convince my husband to drive me all the way to them now. With traffic, it's over an hour drive from here!! If they hadn't moved, my life would be much easier since I could go see the H&M leathers and be back home in a jiffy! Ha, Ha, ha!! Just kidding!! ;> BTW, thanks on the tips for making my living room feel bigger. Painting will happen but no time soon since the house is all of 1.5 years old. My husband would ignore my petitions right now! But your ideas are great, thanks!
    ViviV,

Yea, no prob From the pics you posted, it looks like a lot of brown going on in there...darker colors usually make a space feel smaller, unless you do the ceiling & trim in same color then it can actually open up the feeling of a tight space. But, based off your sofa decisions, I thought going in the opposite direction, with a soft ecru wall, or even a warm off white would really look nice.