Thread: Upholstered H&M City Sectional

bcgreen Guest

Default Upholstered H&M City Sectional

Hi Duane,

This is such a wonderful resource and I appreciate the time you spend on these forums.

For the better part of 4 weekends, my wife and I have been on a quest to find our "perfect" sectional. It hasn't been easy. We've been frustrated and disappointed with pretty much everything we've seen. After finding this forum and reading your comments on Gardenweb, I looked into the City sectional and this looks very promising.

Could you give me a price configured with a 9839LAQ and 9839RAQ in a Grade D fabric? Shipping would be to zip 18944. Thanks for your help.

Brian

Thanks Brian! We are rapidly evolving into a 'community' as well, so we're glad you can join us.

You'd be at $ 3,964 in that piece, and delivery via HDS would run appx. $ 275. No sales tax collected.

I used to come up to Perkasie all the time in my truck. Had two suppliers there you probably know of, Roger Wright and William Draper (DBS). Never quite understood all those tight and narrow 1-way roads around there! Driving up on Ridge Road in my Frieghtliner was always an experience <G>
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

bcgreen Guest

Thanks, Duane.

I went back to the H&M website to look at the City again, and I notice a sectional I hadn't seen before (maybe I wasn't looking). The Savant. Other than the arm style and dimmensions being different by an inch or 2, is there anything else significantly different in the 2 models? Are they roughly the same price (with 1735 RAQ and 1735 LAQ covered in a grade D fabric?)

Are there any advantages/disadvantages in going with a sectional that is 2 pieces versus the traditional 3 (loveseat/wedge/loveseat)?

I'm impressed. Not too many people know of Perkasie. It's interesting to hear how people pronounce it...incorrectly most of the time.

$ 4,243 for that one in Grade D Fabric.

I really don't see any reason to prefer a 2-piece to a 3-piece, unless the entry to the home is very tight. It saves a little money to go 2-piece, but that's usually a heavy section when done like that.

I've always pronounced it (probably wrong!) "PERK-A-C"
    Duane Collie

bcgreen Guest

No, you're pronouncing it correctly. Most people will say Per-K-Z

bcgreen Guest

Default Bradington-Young and Leathercraft

Duane,

Does B-Y or Leathercraft have any models that are comparable in size and design to the H-M City sectional? Their websites don't have the best pictures or dimension information.

FOR B-Y, I'm looking at the Charleston or Nashville. For Leathercraft, I was looking at models 915 or 920.

Both would be fabric covered in something similar to H-M's D grade.

I'm open to any other suggestions you might have.

Leathercraft is a 'leather-only' house in that they are not very price competitive once you go into fabrics, and you would have to go COM (Customers Own Material). B-Y does fabric sectionals as you see from their website, and they have a decent selection of fabrics to select from. As a generalization, BY tends to sit larger and deeper than H&M.

Not sure what your question was on the BY?
    Duane Collie

bcgreen Guest

Sorry, I guess the question about B-Y was on dimension. The H-M City is about 100 inches. The B-Y website doesn't have dimensions on the 2 models in the previous post. What are the lengths of each, with loveseats on each side?

Here's the dimension sheet off the catalog. (BY uses numbers, not names for all reference material and pricing). Both are in the same dimensional family and overall dimensions depend on how you build it up.

111 = Charleston
    113 = Nashville

Use the same components for both series, and you can see there are two corner choices as well as built-in 'angular' returns. To make either series sectional, we just use the first three numbers for the style (111, 113) then the suffix is pulled off the dimensional sheet posted here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BY Sectional Dimensions.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	195.1 KB 
ID:	307  
    Duane Collie