Thread: Taylor King Portfolio Question

Seniorback Guest

Default Taylor King Portfolio Question

Duane,
    The Taylor King Portfolio List of Fabrics thread is closed so pls excuse me for asking in this thread. I read in that closed thread a question from a member asking if any chairs are in the Portfolio collection. You answered that, yes, there are, but I don't seem to be able to find a thread naming those chairs. I have been looking at the fabrics but how do I learn which chairs are involved?
    Thank you.

Default Re: Taylor King Cushion and Fabrics

The thread is closed (as I frequently do on informational ones), so you are correct in starting a separate dialog. Unfortunately the Portfolio collection is not scanned in anywhere, and though I have permission to do so here on the forum from TK, the booklet is pretty big and will take about 50 scans - that takes half a day and I haven't had the time to do that. I do have the booklets in my store, however. There are no unique frames in Portfolio, so all the frames are in the main line catalog, just in specific fabrics. The promotion is designed to be in-store, not used on the web...sorry.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Seniorback Guest

Default Re: Taylor King Portfolio Question

Ok, thank you. I can still look at the fabrics. A few are even from Belguim, which is surprising but really nice to see.

Default Re: Taylor King Cushion and Fabrics

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    The thread is closed (as I frequently do on informational ones), so you are correct in starting a separate dialog. Unfortunately the Portfolio collection is not scanned in anywhere, and though I have permission to do so here on the forum from TK, the booklet is pretty big and will take about 50 scans - that takes half a day and I haven't had the time to do that. I do have the booklets in my store, however. There are no unique frames in Portfolio, so all the frames are in the main line catalog, just in specific fabrics. The promotion is designed to be in-store, not used on the web...sorry.
    Duane,

When you say it's meant to be "in store, not used on the web" does that mean you can only purchase pieces from the TK Portfolio line via a local dealer? So, long distance customers are prohibited from ordering thru you via the web? Hope that's not true!

Remember, I'm somewhat starting from scratch on furnishing my place since I got rid of all my low end furniture I had in my 20s. All I've got in my living room right now are 2 antique Louis XV chairs my mom reluctantly(LOL) handed down to me on a very nice hand tufted wool rug with a shabby chic-esque tv console I've held onto & my gma's old Hollywood Regency coffee table she had in the 80s. I'm looking to sell the rug, console & coffee table soon, replacing them with a room full of better quality items all within the next year. I've been taking a look at all the lines you carry, & as you're well aware LOL, inquiring about any & all that have caught my eye.

Since I've learned about H&M's Town & Country & TK's Portfolio promotions, I was wondering does either B&Y or JC have a similar promotional program & where on the forum I can read about them?

Andrea
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-02-2016 at 01:44 PM.

The Portfolio collection from Taylor King requires a dealer buy-in, so only the larger dealers participate in it. That's the main reason it is not posted on-line. There is no prohibition on ordering it and shipping it, just you as the customer are not going to be able to see the program as it involves cutting up the Portfolio book and then scanning it in one page at a time. I do not have the time to do that, as there are many pages. If someone wants to volunteer to spend 4 to 6 hours scanning it in, let me know and I will be glad to send you a book for you to do just that.

Bradington Young as a married cover program which is equally as hard to use, Jessica charles has none.
    Duane Collie

The Portfolio collection from Taylor King requires a dealer buy-in, so only the larger dealers participate in it. That's the main reason it is not posted on-line. There is no prohibition on ordering it and shipping it, just you as the customer are not going to be able to see the program as it involves cutting up the Portfolio book and then scanning it in one page at a time. I do not have the time to do that, as there are many pages. If someone wants to volunteer to spend 4 to 6 hours scanning it in, let me know and I will be glad to send you a book for you to do just that.

Bradington Young as a married cover program which is equally as hard to use, Jessica charles has none.
    Haha, well I'd volunteer but I'm way down in Texas! I read where you noted ALL the leathers in the B&Y MC program are finished leathers, & I'm only interested in aniline, unfinished hides. So, that throws that out.

Based on a VERY quick browsing of the JC site, as of right now I'm only seeing their 26"H Metro barstool as something I'd possibly like.

My living room/den is open to the kitchen & my understanding has always been to try your best at not chopping up that clean, open view from one room to the other. With the JC Metro's low backs tho, I'm wondering if they'd work? Or should I just look for an open low backed counter stool, or backless stools?

I most likely wouldn't opt for leather on the Metro if also going with a leather sofa &/or chair simply due to the fact it's a large, open, shared space & that's entirely too much leather going on! Lol, if such a conundrum even exists?!

Backless stools are miserable to sit in for any length of time.
    Duane Collie

Backless stools are miserable to sit in for any length of time.
    I agree. I think low backed, or open backed is way to go if also factoring in comfort.