Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How best to negotiate reasonable prices?

Jenny Guest

Default Re: How best to negotiate reasonable prices?

Hmmm.. I'm not sure French Country is the right way to describe what I like. My style is certainly much more like RH than what you described. Another store I really like is Arhaus. They actually have some of my favorite designs. I'm not much of a decorator myself - no imagination so I have to see it live or I can't picture it at all.

Edit: Went to see the chaise today - family had a baby and a cat and I must be the only woman in the world who can't stand that sweet baby smell. Seller was really nice though, hate to let them down.

I'm a terrible germaphobe and don't normally buy used furniture. It's terrible to confess, but 99% of the time I'd rather have an new ikea sofa than a used quality upholstered piece.
    Last edited by Jenny; 04-11-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hmmm.. I'm not sure French Country is the right way to describe what I like. My style is certainly much more like RH than what you described. Another store I really like is Arhaus. They actually have some of my favorite designs. I'm not much of a decorator myself - no imagination so I have to see it live or I can't picture it at all.

Edit: Went to see the chaise today - family had a baby and a cat and I must be the only woman in the world who can't stand that sweet baby smell. Seller was really nice though, hate to let them down.

I'm a terrible germaphobe and don't normally buy used furniture. It's terrible to confess, but 99% of the time I'd rather have an new ikea sofa than a used quality upholstered piece.
    Yea, I babysit my 2yr old nephew every Monday night & although my sister has a maid & keeps the place tidy most of the time, I go over there wearing my most comfy, don't care what gets on them clothes! Lol, don't get me wrong; I love my nephew. But, at 2yrs old, he's ALWAYS sticky, or grimy...I must go thru an entire roll of paper towels when I'm at her house & def a good amount of the sani wipes for his hands.

You can always have an upholsterer steam clean or whatever they do with dirty furniture to de-grime & de-germ it.

It's only a few months old, so unless they were using it as a changing pad & the upholstery is stained beyond anything you could have a pro thoroughly clean, I'd say it's fine.

What their reason for parting with it so soon, btw? Owning a piece that costs $1,000+ for less than a year would throw me into "investigative mode" real quick!!

"If y'all didn't like it, why'd you buy it then? If y'all just realized it wasn't really your style until AFTER you bought it, did you at least attempt to return it? If yes, why didn't RH accept it back...come on, what's the catch, folks?!" Lol

They'd prob be so exhausted from being inundated with all my why's, they'd capitulate to whatever offer I'd throw down! Lol

Jenny Guest

I think it just didn't fit the space they had planned for it. They had a lovely home