Thread: 7017 Miller Chair in Columbia Ebony with BP Nails

Skipdaddie Guest

Default 7017 Miller Chair in Columbia Ebony with BP Nails

Since this forum was so helpful in my research for a chair I thought I'd post a pic of my new chair. It is a Miller Lounger in Columbia Ebony with Black Pearl nails. It is beautiful! It makes the new FlexSteel couches beside it look cheap. Well they were! The chair is comfortable; however I wish it were a few inches longer in the recline position. I'm 5'11" and 190 lbs. The craftsmanship is amazing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	501 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	8414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	8415  

Skipdaddie Guest

Default Re: 7017 Miller Chair in Columbia Ebony with BP Nails

I'm not sure why the photos are sideways. They aren't on my IPhone.

Hi, Skipdaddie.

You chair is absolutely beautiful! The leather you selected has a gorgeous sheen. Great nail and wood finish. Everything about your chair is perfect. Does the leather have a terrific feel? It surely looks that way.

I seem to recall Duane mentioning that phone photo orientation can be corrected if you slightly crop it, save it, then re-post it. But, there's no guarantee as to my recollection. So, hopefully, Duane or some other techie type will chime in.

TXCajun

Skipdaddie Guest

TXCajun,

The Columbia Ebony does feel great. It is only a Grade 1. I am confident the Grade 4's feel significantly better, but I am happy with my choice. I am not sure I would appreciate the bump up in quality/softness enough to justify a 30% price increase. I am not the type of person that will keep this chair for more than 8 years. I prefer change.

Here is another attempt at the pics after cropping slightly....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chair.jpg 
Views:	475 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	8426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chair 2.jpg 
Views:	440 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	8427

Well, Skipdaddie, that Grade 1 you selected looks Grade 4! The color looks deep and rich, and the sheen is terrific. How did you make your hide grade and color selection? Did you start out knowing you wanted a dark color? I absolutely love that color!

TXCajun

Skipdaddie Guest

I got lucky! I knew black would go well with the grey sofas my wife ordered and then selected the Columbia Ebony based on price and feel. I wanted Quintessence, but it was out of my price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipdaddie View Post
    I got lucky! I knew black would go well with the grey sofas my wife ordered and then selected the Columbia Ebony based on price and feel. I wanted Quintessence, but it was out of my price range.
    I LOVE black leather too!! Mainly for accent pieces, like chairs & cocktail ottomans(I'd love it for my sofa as well, just don't think I would wanna live with that much black, day in & day out, ya know? Lol)

This doesn't surprise me at all as 99% of my accessories(handbags & shoes) are black, so are the majority of my clothes...so, guess you could say black is kinda my color And no, I don't live in NYC. I live in the South: Texas to be exact. I'm certainly bucking the trend down here!

Your Columbia Ebony does look amazing! Based solely on your pics, it looks like a quality Grade 1 hide too. I personally prefer the distressed/antiqued black leathers, but, there's no doubting THAT is a beautiful, rich black!!

Andrea
    Last edited by Asomer; 04-08-2016 at 09:55 PM.

vbnet Guest

These chairs are Beautiful!