Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have experience with Stickley warranty work?

Default Re: Anyone have experience with Stickley warranty work?

Sometimes these returns can be a struggle, it happens to my store as well. The whole production and delivery cycle is designed to go one way - to the retail customer. When you try to make it go the other way, it's like trying to put toothpaste back in the tube. It is, without a doubt, the most frustrating part of my job to manage a warranty repair and/or return. The speed is glacial at best, and there is nothing I can do to make it happen quicker, believe me I have tried. It's a major failing of this industry and its across all suppliers and all delivery services. I would say 58 days does not shock me, that's more the norm, and it's shameful and embarrassing for me as the selling dealer. Thankfully they are few and far between and I don't have many.

The local dealer should never charge for pickup and delivery on a warranty item if you are within a reasonable distance from their store (50 mile radius). That's bad business.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Default Re: Anyone have experience with Stickley warranty work?

Thanks for your experience Duane. Yes I was a little disappointed, I expected a better process and more 'luxury' service from Stickley, but they basically just push it all to the dealer and from what I saw of this dealer they do not have many high end brands, they are big business with multiple locations and a customer service call center and they count on volume, not repeat business. Overall it was 'ok' and the repair did get done, just not what I would expect service-wise after spending 6k on a dining set. If this is the Stickley experience, I can't imagine something like say Lazy-boy.

Anyway, just wanted to put my experience out there in case others are searching in the future or a salesman tries to promise the moon on a warranty.
    Last edited by Danw99; 08-03-2016 at 09:43 AM.