Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Request for pics of H&M Editor Office Chair

Injustus Guest

Default Request for pics of H&M Editor Office Chair

H&M's Editor office chair has been beckoning me with its siren song ever since I first laid eyes on it. However, the only photo I can find is the one 'official' catalog image. I find user photos give a much better sense of how a product looks/feels "in real life." Would anyone have this chair to post, or at least know where to unearth some pictures of it? (I already searched the whole H&M photo sub-forum here). I want to pull the trigger on this purchase, but can't imagine spending that kind of money based off a single photograph.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...tic-Lift-Chair

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4836ST-PL_Editors_EX_PR.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	8450  

Default Re: Request for pics of H&M Editor Office Chair

I have sold the Editor's Chair a couple of times. It's OK, but in that 'style' of office chair this one is the hands down champ.

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...vel-Tilt-Chair

Several years ago we took a group of both Patriot and Editor's chairs to a law firm on K Street downtown DC. They ordered (4) of each, not knowing which would be the best. Turns out the senior execs all laid claim to the Patriot units, the Editor chairs all wound up at the desks of these that worked for the senior staffers.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Ci2Eye Guest

Here's a picture I found doing a quick search of the Internet. Obviously an attractive chair and this image does it more justice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	266 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	8451

Ci2Eye Guest

Another one though this time with a tufted seat.

Views:	250 
Size:	43.9 KB 
ID:	8457
    Last edited by Ci2Eye; 04-16-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Ci2Eye Guest

If you're interested in purple velvet, here's another image.

Views:	260 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	8458
    Last edited by Ci2Eye; 04-16-2016 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Injustus View Post
    H&M's Editor office chair has been beckoning me with its siren song ever since I first laid eyes on it. However, the only photo I can find is the one 'official' catalog image. I find user photos give a much better sense of how a product looks/feels "in real life." Would anyone have this chair to post, or at least know where to unearth some pictures of it? (I already searched the whole H&M photo sub-forum here). I want to pull the trigger on this purchase, but can't imagine spending that kind of money based off a single photograph.

Thanks!
    I'm sure you've already exhausted this, but I'd peruse all the Google Images results...since anywhere it's mentioned online with an accompanying photo should show up.

You could also try Chairish, Vinyet, or eBay to see if a used one is listed. The former sites sell only lightly used, still in good condition & appearance furniture..the later, is well: just eBay! Lol

At least there you can see what it'll look like photographed in a non-professional setting(regular ppl, taking regular pics,) with the added benefit of seeing what it'll look like after several years of use.

Welcome to the forum

sstarrx2 Guest

I agree with Duane that the Patriot is more beautiful with the carved wood and all...myself I think I would go for the editors chair too. I would think the arms of the Patriot would start to irritate me if I sat in it all day just from looking at it. I know the plastic ones on my Office Depot chair do. Would be nice to have heavy padded arms. The Patriot does look like the bosses chair though!

Quote Originally Posted by sstarrx2 View Post
    I agree with Duane that the Patriot is more beautiful with the carved wood and all...myself I think I would go for the editors chair too. I would think the arms of the Patriot would start to irritate me if I sat in it all day just from looking at it. I know the plastic ones on my Office Depot chair do. Would be nice to have heavy padded arms. The Patriot does look like the bosses chair though!
    Lol well, I'd have to disagree with you both. Neither looks like a chair that'd fit in perfectly anywhere but in a big, corner office or at a conference table...ooh, & they look like the chairs judges' use

I prefer a style a bit more(to borrow a phrase from sstarrx2): "smaller footprint," & more streamlined. Like, the Eames Management Chair. Now here's an office/desk chair I could get excited about!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ff9006776f02882e2523aeb50b75a92a.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	8456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Eames-office-chair.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	124.7 KB 
ID:	8455   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ea117-desk-chair-brown.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	42.2 KB 
ID:	8454  

Here's the office chair I buy, year after year. I have one at the store at my desk and likewise at home. It's not much to look at, but its the most comfortable one I have ever found and most usable to really work in. Its about time to replace my office one again (I order a fresh one every 7 to 8 years) and donate my old one to the Habitat for Housing group in my complex.

On the Patriot vs Editor, the Patriot I think wins in the comfort department easily.....
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Injustus Guest

Thanks for all the info everyone. The Patriot originally seemed a little too ornate for my taste (not that the Editor is exactly 'understated'), but comfort IS a bit factor, so I may have to reconsider.