Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Request for pics of H&M Editor Office Chair

Default Re: Request for pics of H&M Editor Office Chair

I bought myself a new H&M Office Chair at Market. A new design (it's not my style actually) but it sits divine...will post up a photo later on.
    Duane Collie
    Straight answers from thirty-six years in the business.
    My Private Messages are Disabled - Please ask questions here in the forum.

Injustus Guest

How great it is to have found people equally as interested in chatting about office chairs as I am. Bring it on Duane!

Can't wait to see your new office chair, Duane. My husband has for the longest time been making noise about finding a comfortable office chair. Maybe you've found the one!

TXCajun

And here it is....I can't say I'm in love with the Euro Styling, but I came back to this chair three times in the showroom before deciding that its pretty much the most comfortable office chair I have ever come across. Do I really care that much about style in my office chair? I suppose not. As I was checking it out, the CEO of H&M, Jack Glasheen came by and asked me how I liked it. I told him I have to have one and he proceeded to tell me the history of it. He was visiting one of his larger dealers in Omaha and the owner had this old office chair from Sweden that was ancient, and he didn't want to give it up, but it was shot. So he asked Jack if H&M could re-build it for him (it was some famous Scandinavian designer who made it and I can't recall the name). So Jack said "I'll rebuild that for you but I want to make a copy of it and add it to our line". So the deal was done and this is the result.

Jack tasked one of his best craftsman named Lee Garrett to re-build the chair and make a new one from it, so that's why it's called the Garrett Chair. It's hand-laced (included in the price) and is not inexpensive. It will cost between $ 2K and $3K depending on the leather used - though pricing on it won't be out for a while. I ordered Pizza Ebony as you see in the photo, however I'm going to change it to one of the new leathers just introduced. Two things I don't skimp on in my furnishings 1) A good mattress and 2) A good office chair and that's because I spend at least 6 hours a day in each, so they both have to be the best they can be.

If you stop by the store after it gets here you can take it for a test drive and see if you agree.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gar2.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	8487

Name:	tag.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	8488
    Last edited by drcollie; 04-20-2016 at 07:37 AM.
    Duane Collie

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    And here it is....I can't say I'm in love with the Euro Styling, but I came back to this chair three times in the showroom before deciding that its pretty much the most comfortable office chair I have ever come across. Do I really care that much about style in my office chair? I suppose not. As I was checking it out, the CEO of H&M, Jack Glasheen came by and asked me how I liked it. I told him I have to have one and he proceeded to tell me the history of it. He was visiting one of his larger dealers in Omaha and the owner had this old office chair from Sweden that was ancient, and he didn't want to give it up, but it was shot. So he asked Jack if H&M could re-build it for him (it was some famous Scandinavian designer who made it and I can't recall the name). So Jack said "I'll rebuild that for you but I want to make a copy of it and add it to our line". So the deal was done and this is the result.

Jack tasked one of his best craftsman named Lee Garrett to re-build the chair and make a new one from it, so that's why it's called the Garrett Chair. It's hand-laced (included in the price) and is not inexpensive. It will cost between $ 2K and $3K depending on the leather used - though pricing on it won't be out for a while. I ordered Pizza Ebony as you see in the photo, however I'm going to change it to one of the new leathers just introduced. Two things I don't skimp on in my furnishings 1) A good mattress and 2) A good office chair and that's because I spend at least 6 hours a day in each, so they both have to be the best they can be.

If you stop by the store after it gets here you can take it for a test drive and see if you agree.

Name:	gar2.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	172.6 KB 
ID:	8487

Name:	tag.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	8488
    Well I for one, think the styling is pretty sharp. It's understated, & while also having a "stand & take notice" aspect to it. I'd the base aluminum, or chrome?

Injustus Guest

It looks both modern and comfy, a rare combo!

I tell you what...if you are a man about my size (5' 11" and 240 lb) and should find this GARRETT chair tremendously comfortable.

There was also a new office chair for smaller stature folks that was very nice. I was very glad to see it, as there are few really nice offerings in smaller office chairs. I have photos of that as well.
    Last edited by drcollie; 03-16-2017 at 09:53 AM.
    Duane Collie

buckheaddon Guest

Hey Duane. Are you still pretty bullish on the Garrett? Is the still your reigning king of comfort?

Well.....<hanging head>

The Garrett arrived and I put it at my desk in the back office. Perfect! Except that after about 3 hours I realized it wasn't allowing me to sit at the desk the way I want to. So rather than try to make it work for me, and in order to not put any wear on it, I decided to move it to the sales floor where its for sale today. Then I re-ordered my favorite chair which is incredibly unspectacular yet fits me like a glove:

http://www.hancockandmoore.com/Produ...tic-Lift-Chair

My new chair arrived yesterday, but it was far too windy and too much ice in the parking lot to unpack it, so I've yet to pull it out of the box. When you find something you really like, you have to stick with it.
    Duane Collie

buckheaddon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drcollie View Post
    Well.....<hanging head>

The Garrett arrived and I put it at my desk in the back office. Perfect! Except that after about 3 hours I realized it wasn't allowing me to sit at the desk the way I want to.
    Duane, thanks for the update and sorry to hear. It wasn't allowing you to sit the way you want because the arms wouldn't go under your desk, or it just didn't sit as well as you hoped? I'm surprised nobody has taken it off your hands yet.